Do you love people, food, and the great outdoors?
Rugged, rural mountain beauty!
- year round
- Clark, Colorado
- $13.00 - $15.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Dec 10, 2023)
The Steamboat Lake Outpost is tucked away in the mountains of Colorado about 40 minutes north of the town of Steamboat Springs. We are a unique business that provides lodging, a restaurant, a convenience store, the only gas pump for miles, and guided adventures, including horseback rides, sleigh/wagon rides, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, UTVing, and fly fishing. Every day, we get to rub shoulders with our fantastic community of locals, as well as the myriad of outdoor enthusiasts who adventure in this area.
Our restaurant currently offers elevated bar food and a variety of cocktails, wines, and local craft beers. We also host many community events, live music, and fundraisers. We are looking for a person who wants to be part of the community as a whole and has a passion for creating a warm and welcoming environment while delivering the highest level of service. We are committed to building staff members who embody our mission and values and encourage others in that direction as well.
The ideal candidate will model servant leadership, a passion to coach and train staff, professional presentation, and have a strong background in hospitality. This individual will report to the General Manager and the Front of House Manager and will be responsible to assist the FOH Manager with training, support, and evaluation of all FOH staff. This person must have an affinity for people and thrive in a team environment with an eye for the details and a drive to do all things with excellence.
You will be responsible to support and assist the Front of House Manager with the following duties:
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence, remarkable service, hospitality, and sincere interactions with our guests and holding FOH staff accountable to that standard.
- Coordinate and communicate with the GM and FOH Manager regularly to improve the SLO restaurant experience.
- Ensure staff are maintaining all industry standards, observing health codes and carefully maintaining a clean and orderly dining room.
- Demonstrate proficiency with bartending and an understanding of responsible liquor service
- Collaborate with other SLO staff members/departments in day-to-day operations
- Prepare and execute the daily restaurant experience and special events
- Build a cohesive FOH team, assist in training and development, and collaborate with FOH Manger on periodic staff evaluations
- Exhibit clear and effective communication with both BOH and FOH staff, General Manager, and FOH Manager
- Ensure consistency in leadership and restaurant standards on FOH Manager's days off
- Be committed to the SLO Community and work to improve and uphold the culture.
- Minimum 4 years hospitality and/or restaurant experience
- High School Graduate/GED equivalency
- Valid driver’s license
- 21 years or older
- Ability to work in a standing position for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to lift 60lbs (50lbs overhead)
- 2+ years management experience
- Servsafe alcohol certification
- Bartending experience
- Proficient with public speaking, customer service, and crisis management skills
- Highly proficient in Toast POS system and mathematics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Compensation: Depending on experience and may include free housing, health insurance, and PTO to use during the slow seasons.
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Click the link below to apply!