Do you love food, people and the great outdoors?
Rural, rugged mountain beauty!
- year round
- Clark, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Oct 15, 2023)
The Steamboat Lake Outpost is a great place for people who love living in a community of young people, enjoy various outdoor activities, and are enthusiastic about hospitality. If you aren’t afraid of hard work or living in a rural setting and love being active in the mountains, then SLO would be a great fit for you. Our restaurant is one department of our business that is centered on serving families and recreationalists that live in and visit North Routt. As a business, we also offer many guided activities such as UTV tours, Horseback Rides, Snowmobile Tours, Backcountry Skiing, Pontoon Fishing Cruises, Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides and Ice fishing. Our store is focused on supplying our guests with the things they need to have a great experience. Our restaurant is the spot they can come back to and share stories and recap their day over a meal.
Our restaurant currently offers elevated bar food and a variety of cocktails, wines, and local craft beers. We also host many community events, live music, and fundraisers. We are looking for a person who wants to be part of the community as a whole and has a passion for creating a warm and welcoming environment while delivering the highest level of service.
The ideal candidate will model servant leadership, professional presentation, and have a strong background in hospitality. This individual will report to the General Manager and Food & Beverage Director and will be responsible for the training, support, and evaluation of all BOH staff. This person must have an affinity for people and thrive in a team environment with an eye for the details and a drive to do all things with excellence.
What you will be responsible for:
- Report to CJJ F&B Director for direction and strategies at SLO
- Coordinate and communicate with the GM regularly to improve the SLO restaurant experience
- Oversee menu planning, ordering, inventory, prepping, and execution of all meals at SLO
- Oversee the execution of all staff meals
- Responsible for the training, scheduling, and evaluation of all BOH staff
- Responsible for the approval of all timecards for BOH staff
- Responsible for all health and safety inspections and ensuring staff are maintaining all industry standards
- Collaborate with other SLO staff members/departments in day-to-day operations
- Preparation and execution of all foods including our entire menu as well as all specials, baking, staff meals and special events.
- Building a cohesive BOH team, system development and implementation, menu development, recipe development, training, educating, purchasing, maintaining food costs, maintaining labor costs, observing health codes, and carefully maintaining a very clean and orderly kitchen.
- Exhibit clear and effective communication with both BOH and FOH staff, F&B Director, and GM
- Be committed to excellence, remarkable service, hospitality, and sincere interactions with our guests and holding BOH accountable to that standard.
- Be committed to the SLO Community and work to improve and uphold the culture.
- Minimum 4 years cooking experience in a commercial kitchen
- High School Graduate/GED equivalency
- Valid driver’s license
- 21 years or older
- Ability to work in a standing position for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to lift 60lbs (50 lbs overhead)
- 2+ years management experience
- Servsafe food handler certified manager
- Highly proficient in kitchen systems and mathematics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Compensation: Depending on experience and may include housing, salary, medical/dental, and paid vacation to use during the slower season.
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Click the link below to apply!