Do you love people, the outdoors, and wide open spaces?
Come experience mountain living at it best!
- year round
- Clark, Colorado
- $14.00 - $16.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Steamboat Lake Outpost is tucked away in the mountains about 45 minutes north of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. We are a very unique business. SLO has a restaurant, lodging, convenient store, and an adventure program, including horse trips/rides, sleigh/wagon rides, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiles, four wheeler trips and more. One of the many perks for our staff is that we have onsite housing for them. We are looking for someone that loves the outdoors, and has a passion for serving people. We are committed to building staff that embodies our mission and values and encourages others in that direction too.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Eager to learn new cooking skills and a passion for cooking
- A commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- A positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff
- Desire for personal and professional growth
- Should exhibit a high level of self-awareness and a passion for connecting with people
- Is a leader and torchbearer for our culture and values. Sets a good example by wearing appropriate apparel and abiding by the organization’s rules and regulations
- Takes ownership and has a good sense of when to call in a team member or manager to help
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expand current cooking and managerial skills
- Manage and assist in preparing food in large quantities in an efficient and consistent manner
- Food & beverage inventory and tracking
- Train and work back of house positions to gain hands-on experience and understanding of all operations
- Stamina to stand during an 8-hour shift
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed
- Essential responsibilities include the ability to work all food stations including grill, flat top, fryer, prep, pantry, sauté, and expo while in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Must be able to follow and understand recipes and standards, demonstrate teamwork with all staff and continually strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- The ability to multi-task is a must.
- Assist other team members as needed and with special projects, requests, events or to support staffing shortages.
- Maintain workstation, assist with prep, cleaning and any other duties as assigned
- Maintain the sanitation, cleanliness, and safety of the dishwashing area. The dishwasher will make sure to clean proper kitchen utensils (plates, silverware, etc.), provide the customer with courteous and professional service, and operate various types of food service equipment when necessary.