Do you love people, the outdoors, and wide open spaces?
Come experience mountain living at it best!
- year round
- Clark, Colorado
- $15.00 - $17.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Steamboat Lake Outpost is a place where you will have many opportunities to experience new things and learn new skills. The Outpost is a place where you will be surrounded by people who care about you enough to challenge you to grow. Our organization is centered around inviting others in and serving them. All employees should expect to jump in to help with housekeeping, clean dishes, shovel snow, or help in any area where there is a need. Working here requires a certain level of understanding, flexibility, and initiative. A positive, can-do attitude with an innovative approach and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and hop in whenever is needed will go a long way towards making your experience unforgettable.
If this seems like a great fit for you, please apply!
Qualities of Ideal Candidates:
- Professional and polished communication skills
- Computer skills: Outlook, Google Drive, Learns new software easily
- Problem solving skills
- Takes ownership, and has a good sense of when to call in a team member or manager to help
- Positive attitude
- Hungry for personal growth
- Is a leader and torchbearer for our culture and values. Sets a good example by wearing appropriate apparel and abiding by the organization’s rules and regulations.
- Processing transactions accurately
- Opening and closing the drawer, counting the till
- Authorizing gas pumps for fuel transactions
- Stocking shelves and refrigerators, making sure product is priced and placed appropriately
- Cleaning the store/front desk area to always ensure that it’s presentable
- Taking to-go meal orders over the phone
- Special projects
Front Desk Duties:
- Responsible for being knowledgeable about all The Outpost’s offerings & policies; answering guests’ questions, setting expectations
- Answer phones and emails in a timely and professional manner
- Book reservations for lodging and activities, clearly communicating The Outpost’s policies
- Greet guests as they walk in the front door
- Check in for lodging and activities, making sure the appropriate paperwork gets completed
- Special projects, based on skill set and interests