Come join a team committed to creating a great community!
Come experience mountain living at it's best!
- year round
- Clark, Colorado
- $13.00 - $17.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Steamboat Lake Outpost is tucked away in the mountains about 45 minutes north of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. We are a very unique business. SLO has a restaurant, lodging, convenient store, and an adventure program, including horse trips/rides, sleigh/wagon rides, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiles, four wheeler trips and more. One of the many perks for our staff is that we have onsite housing for them. We are looking for someone that loves the outdoors, and has a passion for serving people.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Should exhibit a high level of self-awareness and a passion for connecting with people
- Willing to help all other team members ensure that our guests receive the highest level of service.
- A passion and excitement for meeting and exceeding guest expectations
- A team-oriented mindset
- Desire for personal and professional growth
- Sets a good example by wearing appropriate apparel and abiding by the organization’s rules and regulations.
- Takes ownership, and has a good sense of when to call in a team member or manager to help
- Displays attention to detail.
- Is humble, hungry, and smart.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a server, you are responsible for providing friendly, welcoming service to all guests.
- Previous serving or bartending experience is a plus.
- You must have excellent customer service skills and work diligently to anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
- Help with dishes and other general tasks for the restaurant
- Prep and maintain a clean workstation
- Be able to use and understand our POS (Toast)
- Handle cash and credit card transactions
- Be attentive to detail and anticipate the needs of guests
- Since everyone who works in our restaurant contributes to the guest experience, we split tips equitably with everyone working in the restaurant based on the number of hours worked. We can't deliver a great experience without excellence food and service.
- We start everyone at a training rate of $13 per hour. If your focus is in the front of house, once you are "certified" in the roles of register, bartender, and runner, you are eligible for a $2 per hour raise.
- Our leadership team cares about growth and adding value to all of our employees. With that in mind, we encourage and provide opportunities for our restaurant staff to get training in all roles, front and back of house. Once you are certified in the area you are hired, you may have the opportunity to learn the other side of the restaurant and earn an additional $2 per hour raise.