Our summer season runs May through September. Please review each job description for requirements and qualifications.
All positions require teammates to possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving history.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and/or random drug testing.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to conform to and follow appearance and uniform guidelines including limitations on hair color, piercings, and tattoos.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide exceptional customer service and process guest requests and reservations in person, on the phone, or via e-mail.
- Apply knowledge of Company products, services, and policies, to evaluate customer’s needs, provide information, resolve concerns, and book tours.
- Process retail and tour transactions including the management of cash, credit cards, and POS system.
- Maintain records of reservations and transactions within appropriate logs and online systems.
- Answer calls from guests, employees, and management to generate bookings and respond to queries.
- Coordinate guest amenity requests, reservations, and special requests.
- Ensure guests are prepared for their tour by verifying all guests meet participant requirements and have completed all required documents.
- Solve problems that arise with logistics, tour coordination, large group booking, rescheduling, and guest concerns.
- Dispatch tours and monitor radio communications to assist with tour needs.
- Assist with facility upkeep and maintenance, including cleaning and organizing.
- Perform clerical duties as required.
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out special events.
- Maintain and prepare Jeeps for rental.
- Additional duties as assigned which may include, but are not limited to, shuttle driving and tour guiding.
- 18+ years of age.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- One year of experience in positions involving customer service or sales.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications, with working knowledge of computerized reservations systems.
- Ability to evaluate customers’ needs, respond to questions, and collect and enter data in a computer, while working in a team or group environment.
- Self-starter, motivated, and have a desire to contribute and make a difference.
- Ability to work well under stress and pressure.
- Customer service, sales, and/or reservations background in the tourism or hospitality industries.
- Documented First Aid training, preferably Wilderness First Responder, EMT, or equivalent certification.
- Current CPR certification.
- Experience and interest in outdoors/wilderness/backcountry settings.
- Ability to operate oversized, off-road vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Knowledge of Jeep-type off-road driving skills and techniques.
- Experience in the aviation industry
10.00-10.25 per hour DOE plus a commission on sales.View Job Description
Tour Guides embark on a journey with our guests through the backcountry on a 6x6 adventure down the historic Stampede Trail. Sharing information on the area's climate, flora, fauna, and unique history. Utilizing highly modified 4x4 and 6x6 off-road vehicles seating up to 14 guests, this guides for this excursion traverse open tundra, mud bogs, and boreal forests before stopping for a hearty Alaskan snack on the tundra. These teammates have the vital role of interacting with our guests and being a Stampede Excursions brand ambassador.
- Deliver a well-researched, narrated tour of the local area and backcountry sights to include facts about Denali National Park, flora and fauna, and a history of the Stampede Trail
- Safely and skillfully operate 4x4 vans and 6x6 military on/off-road vehicles through a variety of road and trail conditions
- Possess excellent customer service skills and interact with travelers of all demographics from all over the world
- Ability to prepare and serve a picnic-style snack in the wilderness utilizing a propane grill or similar equipment
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times
- Pick up and drop off guests at area hotels while developing positive relationships through interaction with hotel and resort staff
- Assist in maintaining and cleaning the trail, vehicles, facilities, and equipment
- Maintain and prepare Jeeps for rental
- Additional duties as assigned which may include, but are not limited to, shuttle driving and guest service office shifts
- 21+ years of age per insurance guidelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate oversized, off-road vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions
- Knowledge of Jeep-type off-road driving skills and techniques
- High mechanical aptitude and the ability to use most hand tools and equipment
- Current CPR certification
- Sales or customer service background, especially in the tourism or hospitality industries
- Documented First Aid training, preferably Wilderness First Responder, EMT, or equivalent certification
- Experience and interest in outdoors/wilderness/backcountry settings
- Ability to speak other languages in addition to English
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities to include basic mechanical work on vehicles and equipment, sales/customer service duties, and assisting the team with other facets of the business
$11.50 per hour plus tips.View Job Description
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply for our roles.
To see the full list of available positions, and to apply, visit https://stampede-excursions.mightyrecruiter.com/.
We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
We will review applications as they are received, and look forward to hearing from you.