Spend a summer outside and share the grandeur of Denali with guests from around the world!
Near the entrance to Denali National Park in interior Alaska.
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- $13.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (May 08, 2020)
Tour Support Teammates are the primary Stampede Excursions brand ambassadors for all guest interactions and are responsible for providing exceptional service while guiding tours, driving shuttles, or coordinating at our office, on the phone, or through e-mail. They enjoy assisting and talking to guests from every part of the globe while operating tours, shuttles, and Jeep excursions, handling reservations, and providing recommendations on activities in the area. In addition, they may process paperwork, check guests in, and make retail sales. Tour Support Staff also prepare Jeeps for each rental. This includes, but is not limited to, washing and refueling vehicles throughout a shift.
The Backcountry Safari embarks on a journey with guests on a 6x6 adventure down the historic Stampede Trail, sharing information on the area's climate, flora, fauna, and fascinating history. Utilizing highly modified 4x4 and 6x6 off-road vehicles seating up to 14 guests, this excursion traverses open tundra, mud bogs, and boreal forests before stopping for a hearty Alaskan snack and short nature walk at our tundra basecamp. Shuttle driving consists of safe highway operation of passenger vans while providing information and entertainment. Preparation of basic snacks and drinks are part of most tours.
All teammates have the vital role of networking with our partners, cruise ship personnel, travel agencies, and being a Stampede Excursions brand ambassador at all times.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Stampede Excursions Office & Jeep Basecamp:
- Provide exceptional customer service and process guest requests and reservations in person, on the phone, or via electronic messaging.
- Apply knowledge of Company products, services, and policies, to evaluate customer’s needs, provide information, resolve concerns, and book tours.
- Process retail and tour transactions including the management of cash, credit cards, and point-of-sale system, and maintain records within appropriate logs and online systems.
- Ensure guests are prepared for their tours by verifying all guests meet participant requirements and have completed all required documents.
- Solve problems that arise with logistics, coordination, large group bookings, rescheduling, and guest concerns.
- Prepare Jeeps for rental including fueling, cleaning, and basic vehicle maintenance.
- Dispatch tours and monitor communications.
- Assist with facility upkeep and maintenance, including cleaning and organizing.
Tour Guiding and Shuttle Driving:
- Deliver a well-researched, narrated tour of the local area and backcountry sights to include facts about Denali National Park, flora and fauna, and a history of the Stampede Trail.
- Safely and skillfully operate 4x4 vans and 6x6 military vehicles through a variety of road and trail conditions.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and interact with travelers from all over the world.
- Ability to prepare and serve a picnic-style snack and maintain an inventory of service items.
- Pick up and drop off guests at area hotels while developing positive relationships through interaction with hotel and resort staff.
- Assist in maintaining, repairing, and cleaning vehicles, facilities, equipment, and trails.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving history.
- 23+ years of age.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- One year of experience in positions involving customer service/sales, and/or experience leading tours or groups.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications, with working knowledge of computerized reservations systems.
- Ability to evaluate customers’ needs, respond to questions, and collect and enter data while working in a team environment.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use common hand tools and equipment.
- Current CPR & First Aid certification.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, motivated, and desire to contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to work well under stress and pressure.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and/or random drug testing.
- Ability to conform to and follow appearance and uniform guidelines including limitations on hair color, piercings, and tattoos.
- Customer service, sales, and/or reservations background in the tourism or hospitality industries.
- Advanced First Aid training, preferably Wilderness First Responder, EMT, or equivalent.
- Experience and interest in outdoor/wilderness/backcountry settings.
- Ability to operate oversized, off-road vehicles with manual and/or automatic transmissions.
- Knowledge of Jeep-type 4x4 off-road driving skills and techniques.
- Commercial driver license with passenger endorsement.
- Experience in, or working knowledge of the aviation industry.
- Ability to speak secondary languages in addition to English.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities to include basic mechanical work on vehicles and equipment, and assisting the team with other facets of the business.
This is an hourly position that pays $13.00 per hour plus tips.
How to Apply
Please apply online: