Make it Happen!
Adventure Awaits. Set yourself up for your best season ever by joining us at Squaw Valley|Alpine Meadows! Working with our team offers you the opportunity to mix fun and recreation, make lifetime friendships and obtain valuable work experience, all in a setting of endless sunshine and legendary mountains! Join our team and ski/ride FREE at 14 Iconic Destinations!
Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadow Resorts are located halfway between Sacramento, California, and Reno, Nevada
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Voted ‘Best Ski Resort’ in North America for the third year in a row by USA Today and 10Best Readers’ Choice, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California. is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe that spans over 6,000 skiable acres. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the spring skiing capital as it provides one of the longest ski and snowboard seasons in Lake Tahoe.
Host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, Squaw Valley is a year-round mountain destination offering world-class adventure, North America’s most diverse terrain and events and activities throughout the seasons. Squaw is renowned for its legendary terrain that spans 3,600 skiable acres, six peaks and 30 chairlifts including a unique mountaintop beginner area and unrivaled expert steeps, chutes and bowls. In summer and fall, Guests can be transported in Squaw’s scenic Aerial Tram to High Camp, which offers a wide array of mountaintop activities in a spectacular alpine setting, such as the pool and hot tub, roller/ice skating rink, and several hiking trails. The Village at Squaw Valley welcomes a full line-up of live music and festivals. Other summer activities include paintball, biking, disc golf, rope course, miniature golf, and more!
A true local's favorite, Alpine Meadows is known for its down-home feel and approachable hospitality, all of which keep Alpine Meadows true to it’s roots and mean the skiing and riding experience always comes first. With its high annual snowfall of 402 inches per year, the resort boasts one of Tahoe’s longest skiing and boarding seasons. Alpine Meadows is well known for the quality and variety of its terrain, ranging from beginner to advanced trails with convenient access to seven powder bowls, chutes, steeps, groomed runs and six terrain parks. Summit-to- base groomed slopes, and authentic hospitality are among the many attributes that have made the resort a favorite of the local community and visitors alike.
The Employee Experience
At Squaw Valley l Alpine Meadows, we are more than just a ski resort, we are a community. Our team has the “work hard, play hard” mentality and celebrates a shared passion for these legendary mountains. With full ski pass access to two beautiful mountains, as well as 14 other iconic ski resorts across the nation, our employees are able to embrace their adventurous side while experiencing true California winters with over 300 days of sunshine.
Do you love meeting and talking with new people? Do you have an adventurous spirit? Are you passionate about the outdoors? Do you enjoy the laid back mountain lifestyle? If you answered yes to any of these questions then we want you! Our ideal candidate is someone who loves working with the public and is passionate about creating extraordinary experiences for guests.
Room and Board
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows has a limited number of employee housing units on site and in ski rentals for the winter season. Applications must be submitted for housing and are available for full time employees only. Units are assigned on a first come first serve basis. For more information, email email@example.com. Most employees will need to secure housing on their own. Contact our HR team for suggestions on where to find housing.
Recommended Areas to live that are near Public Transportation:
Tahoe City - 7.7 miles, 15 minutes to Squaw Valley
Truckee, CA - 10 miles, 15 minutes to Squaw Valley
Kings Beach, CA - 17 miles, 30 minutes to Squaw Valley
We provide employees with a free bus pass to use to and from work!
It’s a good idea to plan in advance and start your search for housing early! We recommend utilizing the following resources when searching for housing:
- Sierra Sun www.sierrasun.com. Find local residential housing listed in the classified ads
- Craig’s List - www.craigslist.org Look in the Reno/Tahoe area. Great resource for housing in the Reno/Tahoe area.
- The Housing Connection – A fee based rental search database www.housingconnection.com
- Join our Facebook group “Squaw Alpine Jobs” and connect with current and prospective employees that may have a room available, or looking for a roommate
Besides living and working in the spectacular mountain setting, and enjoying the endless array of trail and mountain activities, you also get these perks!
- FREE ski pass to access 14 iconic destinations including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- Discounts on Ikon Partner resorts such as Jackson Hole, Alta and more!
- FREE dependent passes for your legal spouse and dependent children under 26
- FREE lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- FREE group ski/snowboard lessons
- FREE equipment rentals Monday-Thursday
- FREE bus passes to get to and from work
- Plan for retirement with 401k plan
- 50% discount on private ski/snowboard lessons
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley owned & operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley, Parallel Mountain Sports, and the Ledge snowboard shop.
- Experticity: tons of brands available at discounted prices
- Discount lift tickets to other ski resorts
- Discounted rooms the Village at Squaw Valley
- Discounts at Wanderlust Yoga Studio located in the Village at Squaw Valley
- And more!
Getting Here and Getting Around
Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadow Resorts are located halfway between Sacramento, California, and Reno, Nevada. The airport code is RNO. Please visit their website at www.renoairport.com for more information.
Distance from major centers:
- 43 miles from Reno, Nevada
- 110 miles from Sacramento
- 200 miles from San Francisco
Getting around once here:
Both Amtrak and Greyhound have stations in Truckee. There is a local bus system, TART, that runs from Truckee to Squaw and Alpine, and also the north and west shores of Lake Tahoe. Employees receive free bus passes for getting back and forth to work!
Wintertime is filled with skiing and snowboarding at both resorts and summertime brings mountain biking, hiking, kayaking and water activities! Lake Tahoe is world famous for its beauty and surroundings. There are 14 ski resorts around the lake and tons of territory for snowmobiling and backcountry skiing. You’ll find active night scenes at Tahoe City and Truckee with numerous restaurants and bars. Other activities around the resorts include:
- Merry Days & Holly Nights - A two week holiday extravaganza
- Winter Wondergrass - Bluegrass festival
- Spring skiing! - What we are known for with over 300 days of sunshine!
- High Camp – Enjoy a scenic ride up the Tram to Squaw’s elevation 8200 to enjoy roller skating, pool and hot tub, paintball, and hiking at High Camp.
- Festivals! The Village at Squaw Valley hosts festivals all summer long including Wanderlust, a one-of-a-kind Yoga and Music celebration, The Blues and Brews festival, Peaks and Paws and the 24th annual Foam Fest!
- Tuesday Bluesdays – Every Tuesday in the summer you can enjoy a free blues concert in the Village at Squaw Valley.
- Truckee Wednesday Music in the Park – The town of Truckee hosts free concerts in their amphitheater all summer long.
- Concerts on the Commons – Every Sunday in the summer Tahoe City hosts free music on Commons Beach!
- Truckee Thursdays – Free community street fair on Commercial Row with farmer’s market, arts and craft vendors, live music, beer garden and food vendors.
And there’s a lot more going on – check out www.gotahoenorth.com for a complete list of events and activities.
How to Apply
Apply to as many positions as you’d like and our managers will be in touch as soon as they have reviewed your application.
If you have employment questions or need assistance with the online application please call Human Resources at 530-452-7112 or email us at HR@squawalpine.com