Program Coordinators serve as mentors to help residents of Spring Lake Ranch in their recovery by providing live-in support, structure, and guidance to residents through informal contact, house activities, and work crew activities to create a positive environment and comfortable home-like atmosphere. Program Coordinators help residents by modelling a health, stable lifestyle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
HOUSE COORDINATING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide live-in support, structure, and guidance to residents through informal contact and house activities to create a positive environment and comfortable home-like atmosphere.
- Assume various roles such as mentor, guide, and advocate to support the recovery, wellbeing, and community experience for residents.
- Develop/apply interpersonal skills on on-going basis including: flexibility, empathy, patience, effective communication, careful listening, limit setting, and firm personal boundaries.
- Assist residents with housecleaning and bedroom cleaning.
- Ensure that there is adequate coverage and support available to residents in their houses at all times.
- Help with urgent emotional support and crisis intervention as needed.
- Respectfully wake up individuals who would otherwise be late for morning meds and morning meeting.
- Run at least one house program for the residents in their shared house each month.
- Run weekly house meetings.
CREW LEADING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster residents’ sense of personal growth, meaningful contribution, and social belonging through positive work crew interactions and experiences.
- Ensure safety through worksite hazard management, proper tool/machinery technique, and following of procedures and policies.
- Communicate with residents’ teams regarding concerns observed on crew, including nonattendance.
- Contribute to weekly work program notes.
- Balance individual resident needs/challenges with task productivity.
- Encourage/teach new skills and appropriately challenge residents to develop the self confidence that comes from accomplishing a task.
- Assist co-workers in getting the crew together and starting work on time.
- Cleaning up the work area and putting tools away after each work crew.
- Coordinate and plan with work program leaders to develop projects and work plan.
- Run fun activities during evenings and weekends.
- Do dishes with residents after meals.
- Drive residents to work, appointments, etc. as needed.
- Med room duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the SLR Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Maintain respectful, therapeutic, and supportive relationships with Spring Lake Ranch at all times.
- Maintain resident/client privacy by keeping personal information confidential in accordance with federal HIPAA legislation and Spring Lake Ranch policies and procedures.
- Willing to draw upon own personal talents, interests, and passions to develop special programming for the community and develop relationship with individuals.
- Participate in holidays and other Ranch special events throughout the year.
- Attend weekly staff and department meetings and staff development opportunities, meeting the licensing training requirements for position.
- Crisis intervention and assistance as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
- Desire to live and work with many different kinds of people in a diverse community setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain firm personal/professional boundaries in a therapeutic community setting.
- Previous experience working outdoors and in mental health and/or substance abuse recovery preferred.
- Ability to participate in physical work and physical activity in all possible outdoor weather conditions, activities may include of outdoor work/active games/sports and moderate lifting/carrying of up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of team.
- Ability to accept supervision and feedback
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility.
- Respect for others, compassion, patience.
- Willingness to learn and to try new things.
- Good judgment, responsibility, dependability.
- Enthusiasm, energy, initiative.
- Limit-setting and conflict resolution skills.
- Driver’s license and good driving record.