Chef/Cook Needed for Off the Grid Orvis Endorsed Northwest Montana Fly Fishing Lodge
Located on the South Fork of the Flathead River beside the Bob Marshall Wilderness
- Flathead National Forest, MT
- unknown / month + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Jun 01, 2019)
Chefs are responsible for providing breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for all guests and staff. This includes menu planning, an itemized cost for meals, stocking and inventory, care of frozen and fresh food items, keeping the kitchen clean (including freezers and refrigerators), and helping with dishes and clean-up as necessary. Many times, chefs must be able to work with what is available as well as utilize leftovers.
Chefs must enjoy working with other kitchen staff (servers, prep-cooks, dishwashers) who share kitchen quarters on a daily basis. A head chef may delegate prep/cooking duties for lunches, staff dinners, desserts and appetizers to a prep cook/sous chef.
Chefs must also remember that his/her meal is a reflection of the high level of hospitality and customer service Spotted Bear Ranch provides to our guests.
- Planning/providing breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, as well as desserts and appetizers for all guests.
- Planning/providing breakfasts, lunches and dinners for all staff.
- Delegating duties and responsibilities to appropriate kitchen staff (servers, prep-cooks, dishwashers).
- Cleaning and maintaining a working kitchen that complies with the Flathead County Health Department.
- Maintaining a professional level of appearance and behavior.
***Room and board is included. Chefs can expect generous gratuities.***
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.