Cooking for young men and women who are changing the world
In the New Mexican desert with beautiful scenic mountain ranges all around.
- Las Cruces, New Mexico
- $20.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 23, 2020)
You will be feeding the people that are changing the landscape of the small sat industry, be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment, changing the fundamental fabric of how humanity puts things into space.
As a cook, you will be primarily responsible for prepping breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the 30-40 person crew at our test site. This is a full-time position located at our test facility at Spaceport America, near Las Cruces, NM.
We are very isolated from public so we have no worries when it comes to the corona virus. We have plenty of supplies to outlast the public and excellent health practices. We maintain a very healthy site.
- Prepare meals for the entire team at the following times: breakfast by 6:45AM, lunch by 12:00PM, and dinner by 5:30PM
- Ordering with Sysco to maintain a full stock on site, food prep, and menu development
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.)
- Cook food using various utensils or methods
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Be a creative cook who can prepare a variety of options, knows how to blend spices, and create out of limited ingredients
- Ability to help clean and maintain the kitchen area and test site as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow kitchen sanitation procedures
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to bend, move, and lift up to 25 pounds or more
Housing is provided at no additional cost. Includes wifi, meals, electricity, water, game room, fire pit, hot tubs, archery range, forge, company trips, very beautiful views, access to a company vehicle and an onsite gym. This position is for someone who is knowledgeable of different cuisines and cooking techniques. It’s a remote location but only an hour and half from the city of Las Cruces that has mall, shopping outlets, restaurants/lounges. Room accommodations include an 8X10 personal room, bed, desk, heater, some shelving, washer and dryer for your use. If you feel you have what it takes to bring great food to the desert then feel free to send your resume and references to email@example.com and feel free to call 304-767-8367 once you submit your resume. Please also include in email a little about who you are, where you’re from.
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Please reach out and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org