Team Lead WranglerApply Now
TEAM LEAD WRANGLER
Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park. Employment includes housing on a first-come, first hired basis ranging from $80 per pay period to $350 pp.
TEAM LEAD WRANGLER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Team Leader responsible for scheduling and managing 4-8 other wranglers.
- Manage and approve timeclock hours for direct report employees.
- Responsible for making purchases of hay and other regular items needed by the department.
- Responsible for coordinating with the farmer on irrigation and pasture upkeep.
- Oversee the proper care and feeding of resort horses and petting zoo.
- Responsible for interviewing and working with HR to hire qualified candidates.
- Responsible for conducting safe trail rides and safety of staff and guests on horseback as well as in the barn area.
- Job duties include but are not limited to; cleaning corral area, barn and maintenance of all tack and equipment, keeping files up to date, maintaining health and welfare of the herd and any other tasks as assigned.
- This is not an complete list of duties and responsibilities. These duties can change based on the needs of the resort or manager assignment.
TEAM LEAD REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- All successful wrangler candidates should have proven horse skills with solid guest service experience as well.
- Ideal candidates will have extensive knowledge and experience with horses and previous western riding experience.
- Must be safety conscious and possess the ability to instruct guests.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some veterinarian knowledge and previous experience teaching lessons, a plus.
- Must be willing to learn the local area and the other amenities offered by the resort.
- Must supply your own uniform.
- Must be 18 years of age.
TEAM LEAD BENEFITS:
- Health Benefits
- 100% Life insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discount for friends and family.
- Employee discount on purchases and adventurers
- Working Advantage – Employee Perks Program
- Affordable Housing at the Ranch
We have limited rental housing available on a first-come, first-served basis. Starting rate of pay will be based on level of experience. This is at will employment and can change at any time due to the needs or requirements of either party.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.