Food and Beverage - Back of House
Prep CookApply Now
Competitive End of Season Bonus for Seasonal Staff - Hourly Rate - Housing Package
Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work on time and is on the prep station as indicated on the work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant requirements and is maintained and clean. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Prepare food items, preparation equipment, small wares, plate ware, food ingredients, garnishes and supply items needed for effective operation of the station. Reports any problems or discrepancies to Sous Chef/Chef on a timely basis.
- Assists other kitchen personnel in food preparation and side work according to prep lists. Preps all food product according to the standards and procedures.
- Preps all food to ensure that all items are prepared according to company specifications, recipes, procedures, plate presentation and quality standards. Ensures our guests have a superior dining experience by correctly prepping food products.
- Maintains the highest degree of sanitation, cleanliness and food safety for work area to include prep tables, counter tops, refrigeration units, floors, walls and shelving.
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports any unsafe condition or unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the Sous Chef/Chef.
- Supports other Back-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
- Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift. Assists Chef and other kitchen team members in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry food, small wares, equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to eight hours in length
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis to receive and store stock, supplies and equipment as well as to work the line during service periods
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, employees, vendors and guests
- Must be able to taste – to be able to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperatures, mouth feel and smell – to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity for all food and beverage products
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold (30 degrees), heat (temperatures above 100 degrees), loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and smoke
- The use of cut gloves as that is a company requirement for all BOH personnel for safety of our staff.
- Maintains good grooming habit
- Minimum 1 year experience as a prep cook in a full service, fine dining upscale, table cloth or casual dining restaurant preferred
- Experience with fresh products preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, other team members, vendors and guests
- Position may require work on nights, weekends, and holidays
- Health Benefits
- 100% Life insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discount for friends and family.
- Employee discount on purchases and adventurers
- Working Advantage – Employee Perks Program
- Affordable Housing at the Ranch
- End of Season Bonus for Seasonal Staff - Must be employed from March 1, 2022 through November 30, 2022
We have limited rental housing available on a first come, first served basis.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa (435) 259-4642 www.sorrelriver.com