Front Desk - Guest Services Agent
$14.00 / hourApply Now
Front Desk - Guest Services Agent
Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
Front Desk - Guest Services Agent DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction by offering friendly attentive service to everyone.
- Understand, anticipate, meet and exceed each guest’s wants and needs.
- Help coworkers meet and exceed each guest’s wants and needs.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action, and provide accurate hotel and area information.
- Maximize hotel profitability.
- Utilize yield management effectively to capture all possible revenue sources.
- Use and practice suggestive selling techniques such as top-down/bottom-up to increase revenues.
- Maintain, monitor, and update group information on the hotel’s records as necessary.
- Be well-acquainted with all area attractions, current events, directions, and competition in the local community.
- Have knowledge of all available package and promotion details
- Perform essential front desk duties and responsibilities including:
- Process guest check-in and check-out smoothly and correctly.
- Enforce and execute all cash handling, check, and credit policies in order to accurately balance transactions, charges and payments, and guest billing.
- Deliver all guest messages, mail, and packages in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate guest and room status information by completing thorough bucket check reviews as assigned.
- Operate front desk equipment including but not limited to: switchboard, Property Management System (PMS), fire panel, copier, calculator, fax, key machine, and printers.
- Maintain consistent communication especially with housekeeping and engineering departments.
- Complete necessary shift paperwork and ensure accuracy on: shift checklist, log book, courtesy call back log, and all other forms or checklists assigned.
- Verify credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
- Handle cash, make change, and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, travelers’ checks, and other forms of payment.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve problem within established guidelines; may include turning problem over to a supervisor.
- Sincerely thank all guests and customers and encourage them to return.
- Attend required meetings and pre-shift meetings.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers, and other departments.
- Comply to all security standards for guests, employees, and property by:
- Adhering to security procedures for guest room keys and master keys.
- Understanding all hotel emergency procedures.
- Reporting any suspicious activity to management.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
FRONT DESK REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrate personal commitment to provide superior guest satisfaction.
- Attentive and friendly listener.
- Professionally handle multiple tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Excellent and professional personal presentation: verbally and physically.
- Availability and dependability in meeting a work schedule.
- Communication: Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Mathematical: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and, divide. Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and count cash.
- Technical: Ability to operate and control equipment such as; computers, switchboard, radio, copy / fax machines, etc.
- Physical: Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Knowledge / Experience: No experience is required. Prior hospitality experience is preferred.
- Availability: Must be able to work a varied schedule including, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license in order to drive golf cart.
FRONT DESK BENEFITS:
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discount for friends and family.
- Employee discount on purchases and adventurers
- Working Advantage – Employee Perks Program
- Affordable Housing at the Ranch
- Employed from April 1, 2022 through November 30, 2022
We have limited rental housing available on a first come, first served basis.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa (435) 259-4642 www.sorrelriver.com