Food and Beverage - Back of House
$14.93 / hourApply Now
Hourly Rate - Housing Package
Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Line Cook demonstrates and helps maintain high standards that consistently exceed the expectations of guests. Assist in controlling the resources, the processes and cultivate the understanding of good food throughout the resort.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic kitchen equipment operation: stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, fryers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Understanding of recipe measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Minimum of 3 months minimum of experience required in fine dining or upscale restaurant.
- Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of food preparation and cooking.
- Working knowledge on accepted standards of sanitation.
- Ability to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail; ability to multi-task.
- Must have good supervisory skills.
- Must have good communication with cooks and front of house.
- Must be skilled in time management.
- Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional service.
- Full time flexible hours are required (able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays).
- Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours; bend, push, pull; lift 50 lbs.
- Proficient in computer skills including POS systems, Word and Excel.
- Professional appearance appropriate for a fine dining establishment.
- Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate the guests and exceed their expectations.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of guests.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm for the job, the restaurant and the hotel.
- Must be considerate, patient and willing to help out fellow employees.
- Must have a good self-image and be able to command the respect of the employees.
- Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
- Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach.
- Health Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discount for friends and family.
- Employee discount on purchases and adventurers
- Working Advantage – Employee Perks Program
- Affordable Housing at the Ranch
- Must be employed from April 1, 2022 through November 30, 2022
We have limited rental housing available on a first come, first served basis.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa (435) 259-4642 www.sorrelriver.com