Resort General Manager
Residence on Property required
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Our 240 acre, 56 key boutique luxury ranch resort and spa is seeking an extraordinary individual to be General Manager
This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a successful luxury boutique resort in a spectacular outdoor setting. The General Manager will be integral in the upcoming repositioning of this resort. Must be a very hands-on individual with daily interaction with the guests and staff. Provide the leadership expertise that ensures the effective and efficient operation of the hotel, including, but not limited to, the quality and legal defensibility of services provided, and the achievement of stated operational goals and profitability objectives. Manage the operations of the hotel, in order to maximize profitability and to ensure superior guest service and product quality. The General Manager is accountable for the budget and the 5 year plan to ownership.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead, supervise and develop the performance of operating departments including, but not limited to: Front Office, Guest Services, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Maintenance to insure the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction in a cost efficient manner. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees.
- Provide the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire associates to deliver exceptional service and drive financial success.
- Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
- Work with Ownership to develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that results in optimum, rate and occupancy for the hotel. Develop action plans to maximize occupancy as well as average rate to meet or exceed established budgetary guidelines for the hotel.
- Measure the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts to maximize the number of market segments needed and to diversify the sources of revenues.
- Direct the maximization of room revenue by anticipation of market shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and marketing plans, and participating in marketing efforts.
- Prepare monthly/weekly/daily operating budgets with analysis in maximizing revenue, market share along with the capacity to manage expenses by encouraging up selling through incentives to generate new business.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of period-end financial statements and reports, and provide controls to ensure the proper handling and accounting of receipts.
- Weekly forecasting and planning of operating expenses to correspond to forecasted sales and costs. Review and approve all expenses.
- Lead credit meetings, supervision of collection of major accounts, review of aging reports and approval of write-offs.
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect and enhance the value of all hotel assets.
- Ensures compliance with all other city, state and federal regulations as related to the licensing and operation of the resort.
- Ensure hotel policies and procedures are fully implemented in all departments, including safety, emergency guidelines, etc.
- Direct, manage train and counsel management staff. Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
- Confer with department heads and reviews activity/operating reports. Directs preparation of directives to outline any policy, program or operational changes if so determined.
- Establish and oversee maintenance of a proactive Human Resources department to ensure a productive, participative and comfortable work environment for associates while ensuring that employment-related processes and documentation are in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibility in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; appraising, performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing issues and resolving problems.
- Promotes organization in industry/trade associations. Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for the resort.
- Build a rapport with Ownership and work to understand Owner priorities and exceed expectations.
- Perform other tasks associated as necessary in order to achieve the financial performance and goals of the resort
The position reports to Ownership.
If you have a strong hotel management background and enjoy being part of a small luxury resort, this is the perfect job for you. Your passion for service must be contagious and you would be a natural coach that loves to build effective teams and inspires individuals to do their best. This is a full time-year round position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Hotel/Restaurant or Business Administration, along with at least six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly motivated individual who is self-directed, accountable with strong initiative and desire for achievement.
- Outstanding organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Possess strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability. Experience managing budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results in a similar sized property.
- Team player who is able to multi-task; lead, drive and is bottom-line oriented.
- Must possess effective verbal and written English communications skills. Advanced knowledge of luxury sales and hospitality principles and practices is expected.
- Previous international travel experience, living in a foreign country or interaction with other cultures a plus. Foreign language skills a definite plus.
Our guests come to Sorrel River Ranch to luxuriate in the western world of heroes, mesas and vistas. The guest is on a luxury quest, and our mission is to assist in every means possible to make their stay unforgettable, peaceful and above all exceed their expectations through outstanding service, attention to detail, personalization of the guest experience and maintaining high quality standards. We say yes to every guest!
If you have a passion for hospitality and love to make travelers happy, we invite you to submit your resume to HR@SorrelRiver.com. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.