Seeking Director of Housekeeping for Luxury Resort in Vail, CO!
No.1 skiing destination in the World!
- Vail, Colorado
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 01, 2018)
Primary Purpose of Position
The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for maintaining highest housekeeping standards at the hotel's guest rooms, restaurants, public areas, and other outlets in terms of cleanliness and housekeeping service delivery. In charge of consistently delivering the Sonnenalp 'look and feel' through maintaining special touches and services, and assuring the highest level of product maintenance and care. This result has to be achieved within the framework of our LECS standards and policies, our LHW standards and control measures, with the assistance of established systems and tools, and by keeping to established budget guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Checks unoccupied rooms and compares to discrepancies.
• Oversees the activities and actions of assigned personnel.
• Inspects clean/vacant and occupied rooms for cleanliness, supplies, maintenance problems, and guest-room temperature.
• Ensures combustible substances are removed from storage areas.
• Trains new employees and provides ongoing training for current employees.
• Hires, coaches, schedules, trains, reviews all Housekeeping, laundry, uniform, and floral staff.
• Ensures consistent superior service and quality of housekeeping, laundry, uniform and floral departments at hotel and golf course locations.
• Orders, controls, and manages all linen, toweling, restaurant linen, uniforms, and supplies inventories.
• Manages the 'perfect room' and 'perfect public space' program.
• Effectively uses HotSOS within department to identify, communicate, and resolve work orders, guest service items, and guest opportunities.
• In charge of creations, reporting, and execution of housekeeping, laundry, uniform and floral budgets.
• Payroll control and labor forecast for entire department.
• Attends SLT meeting as a productive and engaged member of the team.
• Manages regular clean-up of outside areas and public spaces at Solar Vail, Bighorn, and Hamlet employee housing projects.
• Manages off-site hotel storage facilities.
• Assures attendance and participation of department in LECS, safety, and community involvement efforts.
• Manage the housekeeping budget on a weekly basis and schedule accordingly.
• Performs all functions of the housekeeping, laundry, and floral operations as needed
• Upholds the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct
• Stays up to date on OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department
• Reports any safety hazards, concerns, or incidents to appropriate management
• Promotes a safe and productive work environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Four year college degree preferred
• Able to perform conflict resolution, coaching, teamwork, and time management feedback to employees
• Previous experience in a supervisory position or experience in hotel strongly preferred
• Minimum 1 year housekeeping experience required
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a management position
• English and Spanish fluency required
• Experience with SMS or similar Property Management System preferred
• Capable of using independent judgment/ solid decision making skills
• Ability to anticipate guest needs, change goals and direction quickly, and multitask
• Self-motivated and able to accomplish goals under minimal supervision at times
• Proficiency with computer systems
• Flexible availability required, to include nights, weekends and holidays
How to Apply