Cool. Mountain. Fun. Join the Team at Solitude!
With opportunities ranging from part-time seasonal jobs to full-time, year-round positions, Solitude Mountain Resort offers a variety of options for our staff members in a beautiful mountain setting.
Just 30 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, Solitude Mountain Resort is located in Big Cottonwood Canyon with an annual average snowfall of 500 inches! Solitude is pure, authentic and untarnished Utah territory.
About Solitude Mountain Resort
Solitude Mountain Resort features over 1,200 acres of terrain ranging from groomed runs to powder glades for skiers and snowboarders alike, 77 named runs, 8 chairlifts and a vertical drop of over 2,000 feet. Our Nordic Center offers nearly 20 kilometers of groomed trails for both classic and skating styles of Nordic skiing as well as 10 kilometers of well-marked snowshoe trails. Our full-service European-style village provides a wide array of lodging, dining and shopping options for our guests, as well as the Spa at Solitude.
The Employee Experience
Solitude Mountain Resort provides staff members with a fun and healthy work experience in a setting that encourages camaraderie. We are committed to our philosophy of the “Three Circle Model,” which promotes taking care of the guest, taking care of the company, and taking care of each other. Not only does our commitment to this philosophy keep our guests returning year after year, but our staff members as well. It is our desire that our staff members enjoy their work while also taking the time to enjoy the great activities available, in our breathtaking, natural environment.
The ideal candidate for Solitude Mountain Resort prides themselves on providing our guests with friendly, courteous and professional service at all times. With opportunities ranging from part-time seasonal jobs to full-time, year-round positions, we offer a variety of options for our staff to acquire knowledge and skills to grow both professionally and personally.
Room and Board
Once employed with us, securing your housing arrangement is a top priority. Options include a variety of seasonal and year-round alternatives in the greater Salt Lake City area. If you do not have your own transportation, be sure to look for housing that is located near the Utah Transit Authority (UTA bus service) stops. From private homes to apartments, town homes and condominiums, to rooms in shared homes, you will find a wide array of options in the Salt Lake Valley. With our location just 30 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City, there are many options for housing readily available. Please note that your employment with us includes a great perk: a complimentary UTA Ski Bus Pass, for bus service from various points in Salt Lake City to and from work.
- Ski/ride for free at Solitude Mountain Resort and Nordic Center, and enjoy limited complimentary lift privileges at Deer Valley®, Brighton, and Park City Mountain Resorts
- Up to 50% lift ticket discounts to ski/ride at Intermountain Ski Area Association (ISAA) member resorts throughout the Intermountain West Complimentary and half price passes for friends and family
- Option to purchase discounted passes for eligible family members
- Complimentary full breakfast on days you work
- Complimentary Utah Transit Authority (UTA) Ski bus service from Salt Lake City to and from work
- Restaurant discounts
- Retail discounts
- Rental equipment discounts
- Child care discounts
- Specialty ski/ride program discounts for spouse and dependents
- 401k retirement plan upon eligibility
- Medical and dental insurance for full-time employees upon eligibility
- Free, confidential counseling through Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for self and family members
Getting Here and Getting Around
- Solitude Mountain Resort is located just 12 miles from the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Many employees ride-share from strategically located parking lots
- During the winter season a complimentary Utah Transit Authority (UTA) ski bus pass is provided.
- Ski/ride for free at Solitude Mountain Resort, and enjoy limited complimentary lift privileges at Deer Valley®, Brighton, and Park City Mountain Resorts
- Ski/ride at Intermountain Ski Area Association (ISAA) member resorts throughout the Intermountain West for a discounted price
- Nordic ski or snowshoe at our Nordic Center with 20 kilometers for classic and skate skiing for free
- Backcountry ski or ride the incredible terrain found in the Wasatch Mountains
- Enjoy numerous attractions in the Salt Lake City area including a vast array of restaurants, bars, museums, cultural centers, incredible landscapes, music venues, professional sports arenas and more
- Try new sports or continue your talents at some of the 2002 Winter Olympic sports venues including the Olympic Oval, Utah Olympic Park, Soldier Hollow and more. Sports range from ice skating, curling, ski jumping, bobsledding, skeleton to cross-country skiing at those locations.
- Volunteer in the area with a multitude of agencies to choose from, whether it be one-time or longer, and give back to your community