Seeking GAP Year Mentors to facilitate expeditions across the US and Central America!
The Eagle View Ranch is located in the heart of the Wind River Valley, Dubois WY.
- Dubois, Wyoming
- $684.00 - $700.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
GAP Year Mentors have the amazing opportunity to facilitate exciting expeditions across the United States and Central America. Throughout the year, Mentors will assist in leading an array of exciting activities in locations such as: backpacking the Grand Canyon, rock climbing in Red Rocks, and zip lining through the rainforests of Costa Rica. However, the best part of being a Mentor at GAP is not the spectacular adventure opportunities. It is the experience of walking beside our participants as they take a remarkable journey that will uncover their many strengths and abilities. This position allows you to witness their growth as team members and individuals. Mentors at GAP Year at SOAR are role models, trip leaders, counselors, facilitators, teachers, guides, mentors, and a source of empowerment for our Gappers to reach their true potential.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Current Wilderness First Aid certification or higher (Wilderness First Responder Preferred). Lifeguarding (or willingness to obtain) and CPR.
- 4 years of college (preferred) and/or professional experience in the following fields: special and secondary education, recreation therapy, counseling, outdoor and experiential education.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in the industry is preferred.
- Proven dedication and strong desire to work with LD and AD/HD youth.
- Experience facilitating a successful learning environment and ability to teach Life Skills.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and decision-making skills are preferred.
- Experience and competence in four or more of the following skills: -Outdoor Education -Backpacking -Flat-Water -Scuba Diving & Interpretation -Rock Climbing & Ocean Canoeing -Sea Kayaking -Primitive Skills -Mountain Biking -Caving -Team Building Initiatives
GAP Year program is based in Dubois, Wyoming.