An amazing experience like none other!!!
Lassen Volcanic NP - discover the wonder and mysteries of volcanoes and hot water - northeastern California 130 miles north of Sacramento
- Lassen Volcanic National Park, California
- $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 25, 2019)
Snow Mountain in Lassen Volcanic National Park, offers an amazing experience like no other. You'll enjoy the serene, tranquil, setting in one of the most amazing areas in the country, Drakesbad Guest Ranch.
We are seeking a full-time (May through October Lodging Manager to oversee front and back of house operations for our lodge and cabins as well as the thermal heated swimming pool and our guest services program which includes horseback riding.
Free housing is offered with this position and Snow Mountain is an equal opportunity employer.
Manage the activities of the Guest Services, Housekeeping, Front Desk and Public Areas Departments to ensure an extraordinary experience for all guests and visitors of Drakesbad. This includes effective coaching and mentoring of staff and providing appropriate training that addresses professional conduct and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Oversee training of all lodging team staff per the Company's guidelines;
- Mentor and coach employees to build a high performing team dedicated to customer service and professional development;
- Oversee the swimming pool, small gift store and horse-back riding operations to ensure that all guest needs are met and company priorities are adhered to;
- Facilitate the effective scheduling of all guest services staff to meet business needs while adhering to state and federal labor laws;
- Promote positive team member relations to build strong performing teams;
- Personally inspect the guest rooms and front desk area on a regular basis to ensure that all are cleaned according to company processes and expectations;
- Possess appropriate knowledge of the Park and the surrounding area, and train staff in same, to be an information resource for all guests;
- Possess, train and share knowledge with guest services staff of the company’s reservations and booking systems to ensure prompt and efficient service to guests at all times;
- Respond to all guest requests or complaints in a timely manner;
- Ensure professional communications with other departments related to guest room availability and maintenance needs.
- Ensure Wranglers and other guest facing positions receive appropriate training and support in order to deliver an exceptional guest experience.
- Possess positive and professional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Must be able to work a variety of day, night, weekend, holiday shifts;
- Possess strong computer skills related to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Rooms Management related systems;
- Must be flexible with work schedule;
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally with assistance;
- Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day with frequent bending, twisting and squatting movements throughout the day.
How to Apply
Click "apply" to complete the online application and submit your resume.