Turn your seasonal gig into a year-round opportunity - Office Administrative position available
Live in the heart of the West Elk Mountains
- Crawford, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 26, 2018)
You will assist the General Manager and Department Supervisors/Managers in the day-to-day operations of the Ranch property in helping to ensure that each guest’s needs and wants are met and exceeded.
Guest Experience: You will act as a concierge for our high end clientele while they are visiting the ranch. This includes ensuring that they are enjoying themselves as well as communicating the guest’s needs/wants to the guides, housekeepers, culinary team, youth counselors and General Manager. You are the first line of communication between guests and staff. You will be communicating with guests before their arrival to tailor their vacation experience and gather that information for each department to be prepared before the guest’s arrival. They provide information to guests and staff in a courteous, enthusiastic, and efficient manner. And make knowledgeable and informed decisions to ensure a smooth operation.
Reservations: Responsible for day-to-day ranch communications by answering daily emails and phone calls. Extensive knowledge of the property and our guest seasons will be pertinent to success in this position. The ability to effectively communicate the guest experience through emails, phone calls, the website, and social media channels is of the utmost importance. Communicate with our bookkeeper about new reservations, deposits and money coming info the Ranch effectively. Office administration skills and basic computer skills are necessary to be considered for this position.
Human Resources: As a recruiter for ranch employees you will need to develop and maintain partnerships with ranch leadership and vendors under the supervision of the General Manager. You will ensure efficient processing of applications, resumes and inquiries. As the recruiter you are accountable for ensuring the cost-effective use of advertising initiatives including College/University recruiting programs, Ranch website, third party web profiles, blogs, other Web-related advertising, print advertising and internet research. Able to create employment advertisements for web, print and other mediums and/or have experience coordinating this process between necessary parties including Marketing, HR staff, and third parties. You must be able to interact with potential applicants, hired applicants, and managers with a high degree of professionalism and knowledge of SFR policies and operating procedures.
A jack/jill of all trades is a good fit for this position as they are willing to step in wherever needed.
GUEST EXPERIENCE DUTIES: (with the assistance of the Guest Experiences & Reservations Assistant)
- Ensure that all guest information is received and coordinated before arrival, including deposits and final payments, guest information questionnaires sent and returned prior to arrival
- Help create and orchestrate special events and guest activities on and off the property
- Participate in “nightly scheduling” of guest activities
- Schedule on-ranch activities for all guests
- Act as a concierge for guests (such as arranging massages, tours, rafting) and provide a high level of guest satisfaction
- Maintain a professional relationship with our off-ranch experience providers
- Coordinate any on-ranch training necessary for massage therapists, babysitters, yoga instructors, etc.
- Track all off site excursions & on site massage for processing vendor commissions
- Create daily schedule for guests and communicate it to the head of each department so that they can correctly schedule their department staff to guest activities.
- Meet and greet guests, give tours of the ranch when needed
- Ensure all guest purchases are recorded in ShopKeep and Lodge-ical and billed accordingly
- Schedule nightly “entertainment” either in the lodge or at the campfire site and ensure staff are available
- Create weekly “cheat sheets” for all seasonal staff including all pertinent information necessary for all departments
- Communicate with Head of Housekeeping as to check ins/outs, turnovers, and dailies needed each week
- Each evening assist with the coordination of Kid’s Dinner with Dining Staff and Youth Counselors.
- Assist Housekeeping each evening with Turndowns
- With the guidance of The General Manager, assist in the execution of sales/reservations throughout the year
- Assist in the creation/execution of direct sales through our website, phone calls and emails.
- Maintain current relationships with outside Travel Agents & Tour Operators
- Update them on specials
- Communicate with them our pricing and availability
- Track converted reservations and commissions due
- Complete guest checkouts as needed, encouraging guests to return, leave staff gratuity, follow us on Facebook, etc.
- Maintain and update guest information, inquiries, travel agents, and other contact information in the ranch database, Lodge-ical
- Answer all incoming phone calls and emails regarding guest communication
- Maintain our in office record keeping systems, Guest Folders, our reservations system Lodge-ical, Constant Contacts, Shopkeep, etc.
- Oversees applicant tracking system and ranch employment email inbox.
- Oversee posting of all company announcements and notices on third-party recruitment websites
- Get creative with postings on websites: Coolworks.com, Good Food Jobs, Colorado Dude & Guest Ranch Association, Dude Rancher’s Association, Ranch World Ads etc.
- Facilitates web initiatives; website changes and updates, web profiles, advertising, posting, and research.
- Monitor Social Media accounts and report any issues to the General Manager
- Able to make time-sensitive decisions involving recruiting resources (financial or otherwise) in the General Manager’s absence.
- Researches new Recruiting trends, job boards, channels, and markets to stay abreast of competitor activity to ensure that SFR stays current in the recruitment landscape.
- Conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions for ranch departments as assigned. Provides input to the General Manager or Department Managers during the hiring process regarding various levels of applicant “fit” at SFR.
- Research job fair options and attend as needed.
- Works closely with department supervisors to learn about all areas of operations, job responsibilities, expectations, and staffing requirements.
- Monitor staffing levels in each department and proactively work to address shortage OR surplus of staff.
- Maintain knowledge of updated employment/recruiting practices and legal regulations that affect them.
- Ensures that applicants understand and are prepared to be in compliance with, Smith Fork Ranch policies and expectations, before their arrival for the season.
- Facilitates the best possible applicant and employee experience through exceptional attention to guest and employee service.
- Ensures application processing is completed and sets up interviews to review and evaluate work history, experience, skills and qualifications relative to the position which people are applying for.
- Understands the online application process,
- Identifies deficiencies and initiates changes to the online application in a timely manner to our website developer.
- Understands basic Colorado Labor Laws as it affects Smith Fork Ranch regarding related employment issues.
- Promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, marital status, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability or any other group protected by law.
- Exercises strict confidentiality with all information including but not limited to personnel files, wage data, medical information, and EEO information background check.
- Reviews and offers feedback to department leaders concerning job description content to ensure job descriptions are up to date and adequately reflect the level of the position. Ensures that all necessary approvals have been received.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
REQUIREMENTS and HELPFUL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Strong computer skills
- Previous management experience a plus
- High-end hospitality experience (resorts, lodges, inns)
- Knowledge and experience in multi-faceted dining operations
- Recent experience in sales and customer service
- Strong organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail required
- Outgoing personality with strong people skills
- Self-starter, multi-tasker
- Experience working with up-scale clientele
- Represents Smith Fork Ranch in the community when needed.
- Contributes to the daily maintenance of the Office so that it is organized, clean and tidy at all times
- Photography, photoshop, desktop publishing and graphics design software experience
- Constant Contact
- Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook
- Work experience in entrepreneurial environment
- Social media – Create and manage effective posts about the ranch
- Creative, resourceful, artistic
- Internet and social media savvy
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in a busy office environment
- Excellent proven written and oral communication skills
- General knowledge of employment law including Federal and State regulations preferred.
- Fast learner of computer software programs
- Excellent guest service skills
- Must be able to be productive and positive in a strong team environment
Year-round, competitive salary based on ability and experience. Housing can be provided, meals during guest season and share of employee tip pool.
How to Apply
Visit the Employment Opportunities page of our website to fill out our online application or
Download our application and mail or email application, cover letter, resume and photo to:
Smith Fork Ranch
Attn: General Manager
45362 Needle Rock Road
Crawford, CO 81415