We are looking for a General Manager to join the family at Smiley Creek Lodge!
Sawtooth Mountains, White Clouds wilderness - it's amazing
- year round
- Sawtooth City, Idaho
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Smiley Creek Lodge is a seasonal operation with Lodging, RV park, Restaurant, Retail/Grocery store, gas pumps and a winter snowmobile rental operation. Located in the Sawtooth Basin, in central Idaho, the outdoor activities and access to wilderness is incredible. Backcountry access in winter and summer is at your doorstep. As a seasonal tourist based business, we work very hard during the season and we relax when the lodge business slows down. We have up to 30 employees in Summer and about 15 of those stay on year round. We are looking for a General Manager to oversee all staff, budgets and operations of Smiley Creek Lodge.
General Manager responsibilities include managing people, establishing policies and overseeing each department (Restaurant, Retail, Lodging, Snowmobile Rentals). To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring our customers receive the best service, food, lodging and rental experience possible.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of each department
- Strategize and set goals for growth
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Set policies and processes with heads of each department
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and employee performance
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to issues (employee conflicts, customer service issues, delegate projects, contract with service vendors& contractors as needed)
- Ensure employees are motivated and cooperative
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (HR, procurement, marketing, operations etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Medical Benefits
How to Apply
Please email your resume, with (3) references to email@example.com