Work and Play near Yosemite on Bass Lake, California! Great summer job! Perks, Resume building!
Located on Bass Lake in the Sierra Nevada National Forest. 35 miles from the Southern Yosemite gate.
- Wishon, California
- $600.00 - $600.00 / week + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 9 months. (Jun 09, 2024)
Skylake has been a magical tradition for almost 80 years and has provided campers, camp counselors, and staff alike with memories, friends, and experiences that last a lifetime. The job of a camp professional is quite possibly the most rewarding job you will ever have. The demands are high but the rewards are equally as high!
Please note the following minimum mandatory requirements for counselors and/or trips staff:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in or have graduated from a four-year university.
- Applicants must have current certifications in First Aid, CPR, and Lifeguarding by the time employment begins.
- Counselors are not permitted to have large tattoos that are visible while wearing a swimsuit or any body piercings (except for ears).
- Trips Staff must be experienced with camping, backpacking and hold a Wilderness First Aid certification. Skylake will reimburse for Wilderness First Aid Training or towards a WFR if Trips staff member does not already hold this certification.
- Counselors must be at least 19 before the summer starts. Trip Leaders must be at least 21 years old before the summer starts.
Camp Counselors and Trips Leaders at Skylake are hired based on their ability to be proper role models and who possess positive leadership skills. Skylake staff are enthusiastic and responsible individuals with great communication skills who care about children and the importance of summer camp. We are interested in employees who are motivated in carrying on our Skylake Magic and who will stay true to Skylake's traditions. Trip Leaders take campers on day trips into Yosemite Valley and on backpacking trips into the Ansel Adams Wilderness.
Skylake Yosemite Camp has a multitude of activities and programs of which we are looking for qualified Camp Counselors and Trip Leaders to lead our campers both through instruction and team play.
Room and board are included along with weekly laundry service.