Summer Camp Counselor on Bass Lake, Near Yosemite, experience of a lifetime!
Located on Bass Lake in the Sierra Nevada National Forest. 35 miles from the Southern Yosemite gate.
- Wishon, California
- $600.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Jun 11, 2023)
Skylake has been a magical tradition for almost 80 years and has provided campers, camp counselors, and staff alike with memories, friends, and experiences that last a lifetime. The job of a camp counselor is quite possibly the most rewarding while also the hardest job you will ever have. The demands are high but the rewards are equally as high!
Please note the following minimum mandatory requirements for counselors and/or trips staff:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in or have graduated from a four-year university.
- Applicants must have current certifications in First Aid, CPR, and Lifeguarding by the time employment begins.
- Counselors are not permitted to have large tattoos that are visible while wearing a swimsuit or any body piercings (except for ears).
- Trips Staff must be experienced with camping and backpacking. Skylake will provide Wilderness First Aid Training if Trips staff member does not already hold this certification.
Camp Counselors at Skylake are hired based on their ability to be proper role models and who possess positive leadership skills. Skylake staff are enthusiastic and responsible individuals with great communication skills who care about children and the importance of summer camp. We are interested in employees who are motivated in carrying on our Skylake Magic and who will stay true to Skylake's traditions.
Skylake Yosemite Camp has a multitude of activities and programs of which we are looking for qualified camp counselors to lead our campers both through instruction and team play.
Room and board are included along with weekly laundry service.
How to Apply
Please contact Adrienne Portnoy-Durgin at email@example.com if you're interested. You will also need to fill out an application found via the link below.