Sky Ranch Mission: To lead youth and families to know and follow Christ.
Sky Ranch Ute Trail is located in the heart of the Colorado Rockies.
- year round
- Powderhorn, Colorado
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Dec 01, 2023)
This position is critical to the ministry of Sky Ranch and contributes directly to our mission of leading youth and families to know and follow Christ. The Facilities Manager oversees the physical care, maintenance, and appearance of the camp property so that Sky Ranch guests experience a safe and welcoming environment where ministry can take place. This position is responsible for the stewardship of the property, ensuring that the camp will be able to support the next generation of campers. This position is also responsible for coordinating all contractors as needed and works with the Camp Director and other Sky Ranch staff to ensure the camp meets all safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee maintenance, grounds, fleet, site development, and support all construction projects to ensure Sky Ranch standards of excellence are delivered.
- Prepare and execute a preventative maintenance program for all buildings, potable water and wastewater systems, fire and safety systems, grounds and fleet vehicles.
- Maintain potable water and wastewater systems. Perform regular maintenance and all required regulatory testing. Submit water samples to the appropriate state agencies.
- Manage facility expense and capital budgets, department purchasing, expense and financial reporting under the leadership of the Camp Director.
- Communicate regularly with the Camp Director on all issues as they relate to the site and facilities. Work with the Camp Director in creating and implementing a camp master plan.
- Assist the Construction Manager and contractors with property construction and remodels.
- Maintain current state water and wastewater certification and meet all testing and regulatory requirements for the camp water and wastewater as needed.
- Schedule required annual property safety and vehicle inspections.
- Prepare camp for seasonal changes.
- Maintain all site-specific construction drawings, maintenance files, correspondence, and employee files in an organized manner, easily accessible to Sky Ranch leadership.
- Meet with the Global Facility Director on a regular basis to report on facility activities and to receive guidance on all Sky Ranch Facility initiatives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General repair and maintenance of buildings and structures.
- Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Perform repairs and maintenance on all grounds equipment.
- Maintain safe walking and driving areas by removing snow using shovels and snow blowers.
- Report unsafe conditions or work that create a safety issue to supervisor immediately.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on all fleet vehicles, UTVs, trailers, tractors, and mowers.
- Perform other duties as required. This includes cabin turns, kitchen support, and housekeeping.
- Supervise the work and conduct of summer maintenance staff, ensuring Christian values are practiced, and preserved.
- Annual budget, capital budget, expense reporting and purchasing.
- High school degree or equivalent experience required.
- Some college preferred.
- At least seven years of experience in facility management and maintenance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Colorado wastewater certification or the ability to acquire certification within 120 days of employment.
- OSHA 10-hour certification
- Project management experience related to construction, remodel, landscaping, roads and water features.
- Facility support of the hospitality industry. Must understand the requirements of supporting guests and assuring their comfort and safety.
- Working knowledge of basic hand and power tools common to the duties of this position.
- In-depth understanding of facility management, potable water and wastewater management, construction and building maintenance.
- Experience using basic lawn maintenance tools, including but not limited to: mowers, weed-eaters, sprayers, blowers, hand and power saws, and chainsaws.
- Working knowledge of vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Basic working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively manage staff in areas such as: selection, development, coaching, motivation, and scheduling.
- Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome. Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills, including encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to plan, manage, and report budgets proficiently.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
- Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches, O.E.M. instructions and specifications; perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Excellent professional written communication skills. Ability to speak clearly in face-to-face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate the vision and values of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
- Contractors, vendors, inspectors, property owner and guests.
- Physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
- Works outdoors majority of the time, exposed to the seasonal weather elements typical for the camp’s location.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes moderate to loud.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (Who We Are A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch is a year-round recreational camp ministry, with locations in Texas, Colorado, and Oklahoma. Our mission is to lead youth and families to know and follow Christ. For over 65 years, we’ve created experiences in engaging camp environments, helping parents and leaders inspire, challenge, and encourage. Come join us!