Experience a summer in beautiful Sitka, Alaska while helping run a very fun adventure-tours company!
Island Harbor Town, Tongass Rainforest, Rich with History, Culture and Stunning Wilderness
- Sitka, Alaska
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 01, 2020)
JOB TITLE: Tour Manager
LOCATION: Sitka, Alaska
PAY: DOE Salary with seasonal bonus
SCHEDULE: Full time-Seasonal
Adventure Sitka is an outdoor recreation company offering guided kayak and other adventure tours for guests visiting Alaska.
This position will be the main point of contact for our Sitka Sound Ocean Adventures brand providing guided kayak tours for independent guests visiting Sitka, Alaska. For more information on the company please visit kayaksitka.com
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Include but aren’t limited to:
- Supervise a team of kayak guides to include scheduling, tour preparedness, and monitoring/approving hours worked.
- Set up for daily tour operations. Instruct guides on kayak & gear preparation, and to confirm the day’s tour schedule and tour float plans.
- Adjust tour & guide schedules, as needed, throughout the day with the goal of optimizing tour sales and the productive use of the guides “on shore” time.
- Greet and check-in pre-booked guests, and make/process sales to walk-up customers, maintaining a record of all transactions.
- Supervise guest outfitting, including proper fit & adjustment of PFD’s, spray skirts, and other equipment to be worn by guests.
- Coordinate with Operations Assistant to develop ongoing list of bus, kayak and gear cleaning & maintenance projects, to be assigned to guides between tours and on days that are less busy.
- Coordinate with Sales and Reservations Manager to ensure all tour sales are accounted for and reservations system is reconciled with daily tour operations.
- Notify food service supplier (TBD) of quantity of snacks and lunches needing to be prepared/delivered for the next day’s business.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 4-year college degree or equivalent of on-the-job experience in a professional, customer service-related job with a high school diploma.
- Strong command of the English language and very good communication skills.
- Proficient with math, money-handling, computer use and record keeping.
- Must be team-oriented and have well-developed leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and have very good problem-solving skills.
- Responsible, able to work with minimal supervision, and drug-free.
- Willingness to work variable work hours, including long-days, weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to pitch in on a moment’s notice to help guides and customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite