Nationally-recognized arts camp is seeking an Events Manager!
Located in the Tongass National Forest at the edge of the Pacific Ocean
- year round
- Sitka, Alaska
- $46,000.00 - $50,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Sitka Fine Arts Camp’s (SFAC’s) Event and Hospitality Manager coordinates short-term housing rentals and events on the Sitka Fine Arts Campus and Sitka Performing Arts Center.
- Plan, coordinate and implement event rentals.
- Handle all aspects of event management, including audio visual arrangement, food and beverage coordination, transportation needs, and other operational logistics.
- Work with Facility and Event Director and renter to plan details such as number of persons expected, space(s) desired, budget, and food service needs.
- Hire and direct temporary staff for large events.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Sitka community, business community, City departments, and other government agencies, and the public.
- Act as on-site supervisor for on campus events; solve problems and take care of customer needs.
- Act as House Manager and volunteer coordinate for the Sitka Performing Arts Center
- Coordinate with maintenance and custodial staff on the SFAC campus and at the PAC
- Communicate with catering staff for events with food service.
- Respond quickly and professionally to all customer requests and questions.
- Work with Facility and Event Director to keep TripleSeat Database up-to-date and accurate.
- Coordinate all check-in and check-outs for event housing rentals.
- Keep linen and catering closets clean and organized.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of experience in customer service, retail, event planning, or a related field preferred
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and master new systems.
- Professional and prompt communication.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use standard office technology.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Standard work hours of Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm will be adjusted around event needs. Evening and weekend work will be required.
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Salaried, exempt positions may require varying amounts of time to accomplish the assigned duties, including time spent outside of the normal business hours for which compensation is included in base pay. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these requirements.
Please note: All SFAC employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- $46,000-$50,000 annually DOE
- Health Insurance including medical, dental, and vision after 60 days of employment
- 401k with 3% salary match after 1 year of employment
- PTO as outlined in the SFAC Employee Handbook