Learn food service skills in the high country of Colorado!
Provide delicious meals, learn new skills, and then head out on nearby adventures.
- Nathrop, Colorado
- $13.00 - $13.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (May 22, 2023)
Silver Cliff Ranch is looking for motivated individuals who are looking to provide a high level of customer service to our guests of all ages while having opportunities to explore all the outdoor adventures nearby! The seasonal term starts on May 22, 2023, and ends on August 7, 2023. Housing and food are provided throughout the summer. By the end of the summer, you will gain hospitality and food service skills while working together with the Dining Services Manager / Head Cook to accomplish a variety of tasks to ensure our guests have an incredible experience while at Silver Cliff Ranch. Groups will range from family camps to nonprofit organizations serving underserved youth.
The Kitchen Assistant will work closely with the Head Cook in the preparation of meals for staff and guests of all ages.
- Assist the Head Cook with daily meal preparation including properly handing of food, combining ingredients, and cooking the meals as instructed.
- Assist with the serving of three meals per day.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining hall after every meal.
- Assist with the clean-up of the dining hall guest restrooms.
- Use commercial dishwasher to clean all dishware after every meal.
- Complete washing of all cookware, utensils, and other items too heavily soiled or large for the mechanical dishwasher, after every meal.
- Assist with campus-wide turn around clean ups after groups leave.
- Work with the Head Cook to ensure cleanliness of the kitchen area and equipment.
- Assist with trash removal after every meal.
- Execute other duties assigned by the Head Cook and Executive Director.
- Complete weeklong orientation and training to become confident in the role and build rapport and connections with co-workers.
- Assist with preparing and serving over 15,000 meals to guests of all ages from around the country.
- Set a high bar for customer service and hospitality.
- Work with the Head Cook to ensure the kitchen is clean, organized, and efficient throughout the summer.
- Assist with the successful completion of at least ten campus-wide turn around clean up days.
Credentials, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in restaurant kitchens, coffee shops, bakery, or other food service positions preferred.
- Ability to work on a team, relate and work well with others.
- Must be a self-starter and organizer.
- Ability to accept guidance, direction, and supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds including unloading food, supplies, and equipment as needed.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards of the site and facilities and guest behavior.
- Ability to provide First Aid and to assist guests in an emergency once certified.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
- Demonstrate the ability to:
- Respond sensitively and competently to the service population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English and perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Provide excellent customer service using organizational and planning skills.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and always maintain emotional control and professional composure.
- Maintain computer literacy required meet the responsibilities of the position.
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Willingness to learn and demonstrate a working knowledge of Silver Cliff Ranch policies and procedures.
- Maintain Silver Cliff Ranch professional and ethical standards including demonstrating respect for staff, children, and community members and always complying with required dress code.
How to Apply
If you run into any issues with the online application, please contact Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org.