Experience new heights at 10,200 feet!
At 10,200 feet, Shwayder Camp is located in Colorado on the slopes of Mt. Evans.
- Denver, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 01, 2022)
Shwayder Camp of Temple Emanuel
Job Description: Head Ropes Specialist
Supervised by: Specialist Coordinator
Oversees: Ropes Specialist (With Specialist Coordinator)
- Desire to work with children
- Must have current certification in challenge course operation or be able to attend a certification course, or documented experience/equivalent training
- Must be comfortable at heights
- Physical requirements include endurance including climbing, standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs and must be able to Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying environmental conditions.
- Must have a keen attention to detail, a good sense of safety, and responsibility, and be able to identify and mitigate risk well.
- Ability to communicate with, relate to, and serve as an example to all campers
- Willingness and ability to take full responsibility for the safety and security of campers
- Ability to accept guidance, constructive feedback, and support
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of all
- Responsible for the health, safety, and happiness of ALL campers at ALL times
- Able and willing to work with a variety of staff members in a calm, collected manner at all times
- Responsible for daily (as well as occasional elective periods) set up, break down, and safe operation of ropes course including both high and low elements
- Oversee Ropes Specialist in all technical aspects of high and low ropes course operations
- Facilitate team-building exercises with cabin groups and staff
- Ensure all equipment is safe, in proper condition, and used properly
- Must train staff in the proper use and safety procedures of Challenge Course
- Participate in pre-camp staff orientation and any ongoing staff development programs throughout the summer
- Attend regular supervisory meetings with the supervisor
- Participate regularly and enthusiastically in all camp programs such as evening programs and camp-wide games/activities when available
- Attend all staff meetings and tickers as assigned
- Participate regularly and enthusiastically in all Judaic programming, including Shabbat programming and Tefillah
- Participate in nighttime cabin coverage as assigned
- Adhere to the goals, mission, and vision of Shwayder Camp
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Act as a role model at camp
- Additional responsibilities may be given at the Director's discretion.
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below.