Work and Play in this Mountain Paradise, come see why we never want to leave ...
Work / Life Balance begins here, in this Mountain Playground!
- McCall, Idaho
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jun 01, 2020)
Who is Shore Lodge Whitetail Club? Idaho’s Premier Lake Resort; A 77 Room Boutique Hotel and Members only Club; A Forbes Recommended Property; “One of the Best Resorts in the West” as per Conde Nast Traveler. “A Best of Award of Excellence” winner from Wine Spectator and much, much more…
If you hold a Sommelier certificate, love to share your knowledge of wine, enjoy the art of mixology and delight in helping patrons choose the best wine to complement their meals, this is the job for you! As a member of our Food and Beverage Team, this position is instrumental in supporting and fulfilling the F&B goals for this exceptional property.
As Sommelier/Beverage Program Assistant Manager, you will grow Shore Lodge Whitetail Club’s brand by delivering best-in-class service and bringing to life our distinctive world of wine and spirits for our customers. This includes building upon company programs and team member education and development to achieve sales, service, and operational performance goals. You will create interactive wine experiences and educational opportunities for our employees and our Members and Guests.
What do you get to do? Focus on Beverage sales with an emphasis on Wine, support menu design and implementation of content and direction, effectively manage wine and beverage procurement, create applicable synergies within all beverage menus, conduct wine and beverage training, requisitioning and inventory. Create an atmosphere that will inspire members, guests and associates to return. Coordinate and oversee “The Beverage Program” and work closely with Restaurant and Assistant Restaurant Managers in developing and operating their Bar Operations.
What do you need to be effective?
To perform each essential duty at a Forbes, 4 star standard.
- A minimum Associates college degree or equivalent educational experience.
- 2+ years of relevant Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond service experience in Hotel F&B Management.
- Strong knowledge of service, food, wine and spirits.
- Hold a current Wine Certification (Sommelier I or above).
- Communicate effectively with and receive information from guests and team members.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with distributors and vintners.
- Functional knowledge of food preparation techniques.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in wine and spirits, as well as culinary.
- A working knowledge of types and regions of wines, effectively choose and order wines that best fit our menus.
- Help customers select the correct wine for their meal based on budget or suggest other drinks that may complement.
- Create a diverse menu of wines at price points for all patrons.
- Decanting wines, especially red wines over 10 years old.
- Knowledge of the proper storage of various types of wine.
- Educate patrons on the proper ways to drink and enjoy wine.
- Effectively describe the taste and aroma of different wines.
- Maintain a positive work environment by managing, leading, working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers and vendors.
- Lead by example, fostering departmental teamwork, professionalism and collaboration.
- Greet guests; create a memorable experience that exceeds our Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond service goals.
- Understand the timing of the steps of service and how it impacts the guest experience and correctly communicate that timing to the staff/department.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain awareness of occupancy levels, reservations, group business and special requests or functions and their potential effect on the operations.
- Support the financial/marketing goals of the department.
- Exceed required standards/goals to achieve superior guest service by applying our documented service standards at all times and redirect the team when required.
- Handle all guest correspondence/reservations in a timely and efficient manner, not to exceed more than a 24-hour period.
- Ensure all reporting and time sensitive needs are supplied to appropriate parties when required (historical records, financials, email, HR needs, schedules logs, etc).
- Maintain required inventories and par stock levels. Create and Maintain High Level Banquet Wine List
- Host and attend wine-tasting events.
- Maintain Wine Spectator Award Level Wine List for the Narrows and Whitetail Club.
- Updated wine inventory and maintain proper margins with fluctuating wine costs
- Be on the floor during dinner service lending support to staff and upselling of wine for not only the Narrows, but all outlets. Recommends and serves wine to guests.
- Create and maintain Member/Employee Buying Program.
- Pursue and obtain winemakers from the best wineries to support and attend our wine dinners.
- Identify and purchase wines for the organization.
- Monitor the conditions of the wine cellar, ensuring optimal storage.
- Work with the kitchen staff to develop food and wine pairings.
- Maintain training program to include all Shore Lodge and Whitetail Club Serving Staff and support the team to successful sales and high guest satisfaction by giving them the tools and the knowledge to be effective.
- Participate in and promote safety, accident prevention and recycling efforts.
- Create effective incentive/sales programs that positively affect profits, revenues and guest experiences.
- Represent the Lodge at community at industry events as necessary.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW to submit your resume and profile for consideration