Multiple prospects for adventure; from thrilling ski runs lauded by Nat Geo to ancient Hot Springs!
Mountain Lake Property in Beautiful McCall, ID
- McCall, Idaho
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Dec 18, 2019)
SOUS CHEF SUMMARY:
The Shore Lodge, Whitetail Club Sous Chef is one of the most sought-after positions here. Our successful Sous Chef plans and supervises our kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel. They understand the importance of team, of providing a safe, sanitary work environment and achieves profitable, competitive, quality food.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 year culinary degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years cooking experience
- Plan/supervise kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel
- Must be able to read standardized recipes and organize and prioritize daily par sheets
- Must be able to communicate effectively with fellow employees and kitchen staff
- Previous supervisory experience
- Exhibit Maturity and Leadership skills daily
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of the front and back of the house
- Time spent in both front of the house and back of the house positions
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of organization and remaining detail-oriented
- Must be able to sustain a fast pace, while staying focused on the smallest of details
- Must take pride in being the final ‘inspector’ for our product, approving it before it goes to the guest
- Ability to adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques in order to perform the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to understand and utilize Shore Lodge’s expeditor system
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to company standards.
- Supervise in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate our culinary associates while providing a safe work environment
- Train, develop, empower, coach and counsel culinary staff, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Be aware of and report the need for maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets or exceeds federal, state, corporate standards and regulations.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Read, understand and develop new and standardized recipes.
- Make logical decisions relating to par levels and possess the ability to read banquet BEO.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist other team members as needed
- Assist with any reasonable requests from management
- Maintenance of work station, assist with prep and cleaning
- All other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Please jump in to create your profile and submit your resume for consideration by clicking APPLY NOW