Chefs? Work and play in Idaho at Idaho's Best Mountain Resort? Come see why!
Mountain Lake Property in Beautiful McCall, ID
- McCall, Idaho
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (May 15, 2019)
Are you a cook who interested in working in a mountain lifestyle? Come join us … The Shore Lodge is a 4 diamond, luxury property situated on the sandy shores of scenic Payette Lake in beautiful McCall, Idaho, approximately 100 miles north of Boise, Idaho. This idyllic mountain resort offers guests a host of amenities, activities designed for fun, relaxation and warm hospitality all in a setting of spectacular natural beauty.
Guests of the Shore Lodge enjoy all the amenities of the resort, a private award-winning golf, mountain biking, hiking, snow skiing, Spa services from The Cove, the only Forbes 4 Star spa in Idaho. All that inspires you to work and play in the mountains is here at The Shore Lodge, Whitetail Club and The Cove.
If you are interested in speaking further about our employment options, check us out at http://shorelodge.com/careers/
JOB SUMMARY: Ensure all food and sanitation standards are executed consistently and food product offerings exceed expectations. Participate in monitoring incoming food product to ensure quality as well as audit refrigeration and dry storage for proper handling and rotation. Participate and maintain ongoing education programs for sanitation and safety. Ensure that all opening/ closing procedures are completed and set for the next shift. Audit daily production sheets and verify with Executive Chef and assist in any area of the kitchen as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to read standardized recipes
- Must be able to organize and prioritize daily par sheets.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with fellow associates and kitchen.
- Must be able to quickly assess situations, determine priority, create a strategy and implement it
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- Must be able to sustain a high-speed pace, while staying focused on the smallest of details
- Take pride in being the final ‘inspector’ for our product, approving it before it goes to the guest
- Ability to adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques in order to perform the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to understand and utilize Shore Lodge’s expeditor system
- Must be able to carry an oval tray and deliver food to our guests with accuracy and grace
- Lifting supplies or equipment of 30 lbs or more
- Able to count, read and write in the English language
- Frequent periods of pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking