Are you interested in working for the “12th Best Hotel in the US?”
Mountain Lake Property in Beautiful McCall, ID
- McCall, Idaho
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 30, 2018)
RESTAURANT MANAGER SUMMARY: This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire guests and associates to return. Our successful managers instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence while developing personnel, setting guidelines and goals and achieving results. This position coordinates and oversees all aspects and functions of the restaurant and bar and is instrumental in developing and fulfilling the long-term goals for the organization. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Shore Lodge/Whitetail/The Cove ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS: Ensure that our team members are given the proper support and direction so that they may provide quality service to our guests during their experience with us through proper service standards, well prepared and well-served cocktails, food and wine.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty at Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond standard.
- Must possess minimum Associates college degree or equivalent educational experience. 2+ years of relevant Forbes/AAA, 3/4 star/diamond service experience in Hotel F&B Management. Must possess good knowledge of service, food, wine and spirits.
- Maintain a positive work environment by managing, leading, working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers and vendors.
- Lead by example, fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration.
- Greet guests; create a memorable experience that exceeds our Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond service goals.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and provide appropriate service.
- Understand the timing of the steps of service and how it impacts the guest experience and correctly communicate that timing to the staff/department.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise service teams.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficient with POS system.
- Monitor staffing/payroll to meet Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond service levels/profitability.
- Update and add departmental SOPs as needed.
- Maintain awareness of all safety, state and federal sanitation and security procedures relevant to the department and property. Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
- Maintain awareness of occupancy levels, reservations, group business and special requests or functions and their potential effect on the operations.
- Support the financial/marketing goals of the division.
- Exceed required standards/goals to achieve superior guest service by applying our documented service standards at all times and redirect the team when required.
- Handle all guest correspondence/reservations in a timely and efficient manner, not to exceed more than a 24-hour period.
- Support team at all times and inspect what is expected of the team.
- Maintain a presence on the floor during hours of operation.
- Ensure all reporting and time-sensitive needs are supplied to appropriate parties when required (historical records, financials, payroll, email, HR needs, schedules logs, etc).
- Maintain required inventories and par stock levels.
- Attend and contribute to required meetings.
- Participate in and promote safety, accident prevention and recycling efforts.
- Create effective incentive/sales programs that positively affect profits, revenues and guest experiences.
- Represent the Lodge at community and industry events as necessary.