Come Work and Play on the Sandy Shores of Lake Payette in beautiful McCall, Idaho!
Mountain Lake Property in Beautiful McCall, ID
- McCall, Idaho
- $2,000.00 / month
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 12, 2018)
Our successful Front Desk Manager has a “hands-on” approach while maintaining responsibility for directing and administering all front office, housekeeping and guest service operations to include Valet/Bell, Front Desk, Night Audit, Concierge and Rooms. This position is held accountable for maintaining established costs and quality standards. This role organizes and delivers effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of our hotel and provides exceptional levels of guest service throughout the guests’ stay.
Ensure that our team members are given the proper training, support and direction in order to provide relevant Forbes/AAA, 4 Star/Diamond service to our guests during their experience with us. Varied hours to include weekends and holidays. Standard hours 10-7 pm, later at peak times to support the operations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- To perform essential duty at Forbes/AAA, 4 Star, 4 Diamond Standard
- Must possess minimum Associates college degree or equivalent educational experience. 2+ years of relevant Forbes/AAA, 4 Star/Diamond service experience in Hotel Rooms Management. Must possess knowledge of superior guest relations, reservations, training and PMS.
- Read, understand and abide by the employee handbook and lodge department policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive teamwork environment by managing, leading, working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers and vendors.
- Lead by example, fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration.
- Microsoft applications, Outlook, Internet Navigation
- Ability to communicate effectively with and receive information from guests and coworkers
- Possess the ability to functionally multi-task while maintaining a high degree of organization and detail
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet guests; create a memorable experience that exceeds our Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond service goals.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and provide appropriate service, responding to guest issues and concerns.
- Be knowledgeable in all areas of Shore Lodge/Whitetail and ensure staff members also maintain a high level of knowledge through training, independent information gathering, and experiencing resort services and amenities.
- Maintain accurate and complete information regarding the local area, hotel, amenities, directions, activities, vendors (white water rafting, boat rental any and all activities the area offers) etc.
- Understand the timing of the check-in/out process, its impact on the guest experience, and correctly communicate timing to the staff/department.
- Hire, train, re-train, schedule and supervise team members and evaluate the job performance of each employee.
- Monitor staffing/payroll to meet Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond service levels/profitability.
- Maintain awareness of all safety, state and federal sanitation and security procedures relevant to the department and property. Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
- Maintain daily awareness of occupancy levels, reservations, group business and special requests or functions and their potential effect on the operations while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Support the financial/marketing goals of the Lodging Department.
- Create effective incentive/sales programs that positively affect profits, revenues and guest experiences.
- Maintain a presence at the desk/lobby during hours of operation, answer multiple phone lines and direct calls as necessary.
- Ensure all daily/weekly/monthly reporting and time sensitive needs are supplied to appropriate parties when required (accounting, historical records, financials, payroll, email, HR needs, schedules, guest needs, etc).
- Update daily group information; maintain and be familiar with future group files. Monitor and prepare group requirements and relay necessary information to effected departments and individuals.
- Efficient with PMS, loading of all reservations, including group, loading of rates/packages, testing of all systems that are required to insure accuracy and/all reservations responsibilities.
- Maintain required inventories and par stock levels.
- Participate in and promote safety, accident prevention and recycling efforts.
- Represents Lodge at community and industry events as necessary.