Our world class Alaskan Lodge is seeking a Head Chef to join our adventurous team!
We are nestled between two mountain ranges with glaciers, crags and endless peaks surrounding us.
- Sutton, Alaska
- $4,250.00 - $4,500.00 / month
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 01, 2023)
We are seeking a Head Chef to help run our roadhouse restaurant. We are located in the Talkeetna Mountains with access to everything a mountain lover could want. We are a small family run lodge seeking someone to be a good fit with our team and enjoy the busy lodge life with us.
This is a critical role that runs the heart of our lodge - the restaurant. We serve food for guest cabins and a dining area with 8 tables. We run breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week during the summer season. Our food covers the gamut of home cooked Alaskan roadhouse comfort food to dishes that feature the Alaskan bounty. We do soups, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, seafood and highlight fresh vegetables; we always focus on local and work with scratch ingredients. There is a small attached bakery which serves up fresh baked goods. We have a small kitchen in our rustic, log lodge. Our kitchen requires an experinced chef who can work with limited space during busy hours yet still make the environment shine for the kitchen team, servers and guests.
Season: May 1st - October 15th
- $4000.00 - $4250.00 per month salary (DOE)
- Private room provided as part of benefits
- Access to shared company car
- Two consecutive days off per week
- $1000.00 bonus upon successful completion of the season
What you Bring:
- 2 to 3 years cooking in a busy commercial kitchen
- Proven ability to produce prompt, high quality menu items from scratch to plate
- Facilitate all kitchen operations
- Independent worker
- Problem solver
- Team Leadership experience
- Leadership skills must foster positive working environment
- Team coordination
- Working with multiple people in high action environments
- Willingness to assist the front of the house to accomplish goals
- Ability to take direction and collaborate with owner/manager
- POS systems - preferably TOAST
- Line cook, pantry cook and sous chef experience
- Inventory Management
- Scheduling of staff
- Monitor Cost tracking for menu items
- Manage a consistently safe and sanitary kitchen
A day in the life:
The ability to make good quality food consistently, even in a busy kitchen is key. This is your primary job every day and then leading your team - prep cooks/dishwasher, swing cook to do the same. You are able to multitask prepping for one dish while finishing another, work under pressure and communicate well in a fast moving environment. Time management, attention to detail, organization and kitchen sanitation are important skills to succeed in this position. Although our kitchen and dining area seem small, it is high volume. We are known for our food and typically have a waiting list.
Most importantly our ideal candidate is a team player with high quality food standards. Our team culture is adventure based with a dedication to hospitality. We love Alaska and love sharing it.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you please send an email with the requisite information, showing you are really interested, to: