Our world class Alaskan Lodge is seeking an Operations Manager to join our adventurous team!
Our Lodge sits high up in Talkeetna Mountains with a south facing view into the Chugach Mountains.
- Sutton, Alaska
- $4,000.00 - $4,500.00 / month
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 01, 2023)
We are seeking an Operations Manager to oversee critical aspects of our Lodge. We are located in the Talkeetna Mountains with access to everything a mountain lover could want. We are a small family run lodge seeking someone to be a good fit with our team and enjoy the busy lodge life with us.
This is a guest oriented role often serving as our first point of contact with guests of the lodge and our tours. You will often be involved with the restaurant as it is the focal point of our operations and is where most guests arrive. You oversee all aspects of online bookings for lodge, tours (Helicopter, ATV) and related communications. Serve in a forward (customer facing) position in the lodge ensuring that tour and lodge guests (potential guests) needs are met and tours/lodge bookings are managed. This position has management oversight of specific staff in a coordinated manner by serving as a back-up Manager for front of the house and Kitchen staff when other managers are unavailable.
April 15th (Ideal) but negotiable for the right person thru 1st week October.
- $4000.00 - $4500.00 per month salary (DOE)
- Private housing provided as part of benefits
- Access to shared company car
- Two consecutive days off per week
- $1000.00 bonus upon successful completion of the season
What you Bring:
- Proven project or operations management 1 to 2yrs
- Independent worker
- Problem solver
- Management experience is preferable but not required
- Experience with online booking systems - preferably Fareharbor, ResNexus
- Experience with POS systems - preferably TOAST
- Inventory management familiarity
- Customer service skills must be exceptional
- Team coordination is critical
- Written communication must be excellent
- Working with multiple people in high action environments
- Ability to learn, follow and adapt
- Willingness to step up when needed and assist in solving problems as they arise
- Willingness to learn some basic restaurant work
- Willingness to perform some serving work in restaurant as needed
A day in the life:
This is a busy and dynamic position. One minute you could be assisting guests onto the helicopter after weighing them in and the next you could be solving a room booking snafu on our software. You must have the ability to move seamlessly from directing tour groups to where they need to check in, to delivering a lunch plate to a table and back to your computer managing the upcoming flights. Answering email inquiries, checking google reviews, and overseeing a longer than usual waitlist at the restaurant might all happen in an hour. This is an exciting position with a lot of variety and opportunity. Your "office" - has bright windows looking out over two mountain ranges. Our team culture is adventure based with a dedication to hospitality. We love Alaska and love sharing it.
How to Apply
If you are interested please send an email with the requisite information, showing you are really interested, to: