Work in Paradise this Winter, Smack Dab on the Beach!
Looking for the perfect reason to escape the cold northern winters and live and work in a tropical paradise and make GREAT money at the same time? Work at one of our three unique and beautiful family owned waterfront dining restaurants, Sharky’s on the Pier, Fins at Sharky's and Snook Haven, located in the heart of picturesque Venice, Florida.
Venice, FL was named one of Coastal Living’s “Happiest Seaside Towns in America” in 2015 and is the Shark's Tooth Capital of the World. Just south of Sarasota along Florida’s white-sanded Gulf Coast, Venice offers 14 miles of beaches from Casey Key to Manasota Key and plenty of recreational opportunities, including swimming, sunbathing, fishing and boating.
About Sharky's on the Pier
Sharky’s on the Pier, located directly on the beach, has been serving up fresh seafood, burgers, drinks and more for over 34 years. Just one visit and you’ll understand why Sharky’s has become known as a Venice-area landmark, directly at the base of the beautiful Venice Fishing Pier . Visit the upper deck and take in the panoramic views of Venice. Step off the dining deck and let your feet meet the sand of one of the region’s most beautiful beaches. Search for fossilized sharks’ teeth, play volleyball on the sand courts, or fish from the public Venice Fishing Pier, where no license is required. Sharky's on the Pier was also voted BEST Florida Beach Bar in 2018 AND 2019!
Located right next door to Sharky’s, Fins at Sharky’s opened their doors December 8, 2013, adding 182 seats for dining and bringing an upscale, “polished casual” take to a renowned brand – still boasting the most incredible Gulf views on the Florida west coast. Fins at Sharky’s menu goes well beyond what customers expect from a beach bar. Fins at Sharky's features an inventive, ever-changing menu inspired by an array of global cuisines and seasonal South Florida ingredients. Fins proudly serves their guests fresh Gulf seafood, sushi, premium cuts of steak and pork, plus signature hand-crafted cocktails. With an inviting design and coastal-inspired décor, the dining space seats over 180 guests in comfortable booths, at custom tables and chairs, or on the outdoor terrace. A Private Events room is also available for 20-50 people by special reservation.
Snook Haven, “Smack Dab on the River”, offers all the history and natural beauty for anyone seeking authentic riverside dining. Off the beaten path on the banks of Myakka River in a natural cove, Snook Haven provides a true old Florida dining experience, with indoor and outdoor seating. Snook Haven’s Backwoods Smokehouse menu features barbecue meats smoked daily in-house, including chicken, pulled pork, shrimp, fresh and smoked fish, and even vegetarian options. Guests can choose from over 30 different beers, including some of Florida’s local craft beers and other international favorites. Snook’s outdoor stage is also home to a rich history of local live music entertainment.
RECENT NOTABLE ACCOLADES:
- Business of the Year in Hospitality and Tourism 2020, awarded by the Venice Area Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Restaurant Lodging Association Seal of Commitment, 2020-2021
- Voted Best Beach Bar in 2018 and 2019, Sharky's on the Pier
- Voted Best Venice Restaurants, Sharky's on the Pier and Fins at Sharky's, 2020, Sarasota Magazine
- Voted Best Restaurant, Best Steak, Best Sushi, Best Happy Hour, Best Waterfront Dining, Fins at Sharky's, Venice Gondolier
- Voted Best Happy Hour, Best Romantic Restaurant, Best Restaurant with a View - Fins at Sharky's, Herald Tribune Reader's Choice
- Voted Best Outdoor Dining Dining and Best Rooftop Bar - Sharky's on the Pier, Herald Tribune Reader's Choice
- Voted Best BBQ & Best Ribs, Finalist - Snook Haven, Herald Tribune Reader's Choice
The Employee Experience
Are you looking to make amazing money, working in true paradise directly on the beach? Look no further! We are looking for employees to join our family during our extremely busy season. Experience a true "Island Life" in the beautiful seaside town of Venice, FL.
Being a family business, we treat our employees like family too. We offer great benefits and truly care about each and every member of our team.
Venice is the definition of living in paradise! Just south of Sarasota along Florida’s white-sanded Gulf Coast, Venice offers 14 miles of beaches from Casey Key to Manasota Key and plenty of recreational opportunities, including swimming, sunbathing, fishing and boating. Shelling is also a favorite pastime in Venice, and fossilized shark's teeth can be found in abundance by sifting through the sand. Golfers enjoy excellent courses in the greater Venice area. Venice also is a Florida Main Street City – its downtown graced by northern Italian architecture and beautifully landscaped boulevards that date to the original city plans of 1925 and reminiscent of the Italian city of Venice whose name it borrowed. The city has a population of approximately 22,000. Locals and visitors alike are overwhelmingly friendly and always have a smile on their face.
Our ideal candidate should have:
- A positive attitude and a smile!
- Experience in a high volume restaurant
- Must be mature & have hospitality experience
- Drive & passion a must
- Candidate should have great people skills & excellent customer service
- Strong work ethic & ability to work under pressure
IMPORTANT JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR COOK AND DISH STAFF:
- Kitchen staff will be allowed one staff meal per shift, to be eating on property, staff meal selection is at the discretion of the Chef.
- You will be required to wear uniform, provided, this maybe a t-shirt of cook’s jacket depending on your workstation, and a company hat.
- You are required to provide your own pants, that fit the spec of your workstation, this will be either solid black or cooks’ pants.
- You are required to provide close toed, nonskid shoes
- You will be required to lift food packages up to 50lb.
- You may be required to work up to 12 hours a day, depending a business and staffing.
- You will be standing for all your shift.
- You will be working in a kitchen where temperatures can be high.
- You will be working in close quarters with other staff members, working well with others is expected.
- Your weekly schedule will change week to week, set days off are not the normal.
- Your schedule is subject to change based on volume of business and staffing need.
- Those in company housing are expected to work at least 35 hours per week, during off peak times.
- During peak times, usually Christmas week and Valentine’s Day to Mother’s Day, you will be expected to work overtime as needed, this can as much 70 hours a week, usually 50-60 is the normal.
- You will be expected to work 5-6 day per week as is needed.
- You are here to work our busy season, therefore no more than two off days of in a row will be allowed.
Room and Board
We provide affordable and convenient housing for seasonal employees starting at $150 a week! All rooms will be shared and the apartments are within 2 miles from the restaurant. You can easily bike to work. Don't worry, we also have bikes for rent!
All apartment units are furnished and have the following amenities:
- Shared Bathrooms
- Full kitchen
- Shared common areas with a television
- Rent includes utilities and basic cable
- All rooms are shared!
Space is extremely limited so please let us know ASAP if you are interested in seasonal housing.
We have perks for seasonal employees, such as:
- Meal discounts
- Free YMCA membership
- Employee savings plan
- Plus more!
Getting Here and Getting Around
Venice is an extremely easy city to explore by foot or bike! We have bikes available for rent. You can also bring a car if desired. We can help with initial transportation from the airport if needed.
Additional information about public transportation:
Public Transportation: Sarasota County Area Transit services the Venice area. Local Bus Routes are 13 and 16. This bus service called SCAT which offers service throughout the county. A 30-Day Passport (unlimited rides) costs $40. For more detailed fare and schedules, visit http://www.scgov.net/SCAT/.
Additionally, for travel around town, participants may organize a taxi pick up ahead of time through the following taxi service:
Premiere Taxi of Venice offers 24 Hour Airport and Cruise Port Service.
CASH ONLY, NO CREDIT CARDS
There is so much to do in Venice, including but not limited to: beach, fishing, boating, other water sports, golf, tennis, concert, theater, art museum, museum and nature center, circus, animal adventure, farm, shopping, nightlife.
Sarasota area is about 25 miles away; Tampa Bay is about 1 hour away and offers a bigger city with lots of offerings so that staff can go there and enjoy their free time. In addition, Orlando is about 2 hours away and Miami is about 3 hours away.
For more information about our beautiful city on the Gulf, visit: www.visitsarasota.com
How to Apply
Sharky’s on the Pier, Fins at Sharky’s and Snook Haven are now actively hiring seasonal full-time employees to join our team during our busy and profitable season! We have multiple opportunities in a variety of positions - check out our Job List!
Full-time work is guaranteed for our seasonal employees from October 15th, 2021 – May 12th, 2022. During this time frame, it’s common for seasonal employees to make $30,000. We are flexible on start dates and will work with you and your travel schedule, however, you must be available to work full-time between January 4th – April 28th 2022, which is our busiest time of the year.
Check out our website and we hope that you will consider joining our team for this upcoming season and look forward to hearing from you!
To start the application process, please email your resume, references and housing needs to: firstname.lastname@example.org