Building a family team in a small community with a boutique experience!
In the heart of the Catskills; nestled in a 360' valley off of rt. 28 and above the Esopus Creek.
- year round
- Shandaken, New York
- up to $16.00 / hour + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Clubhouse at Shandaken Inn is seeking a talented bartender to join our team with a true passion and appreciation for great spirits, craft beverages, quality service, and an overall hospitable character.
Come join us - full, seasonal, and part-time positions available at competitive industry rates.
We're a recently renovated upscale Bed & Breakfast with a full restaurant that launched in 2020. Since, we've been a great addition to our community with hosted world-renowned media outlets like Goop, Elle, and Travel & Leisure and plan on continuing to grow!
The Clubhouse is looking for a dedicated professional who is a motivated food enthusiast, team player in a team focused environment, enjoys working in a creative environment, and is calm under pressure.
We will provide healthy work environments, competitive wages, sign on bonus, employee discounts, and housing for the right candidate.
Come grow with us and tap into what the beautiful Catskills has to offer.
- Competitive hourly, based on experience, plus tip
- On-premise discounts
- Onboarding & Ongoing Training
- Family Meals
- Relocation assistance
- Health Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Sign-on Bonus
Responsibilities & Requirements
- We are looking for warm and enthusiastic waitstaff to provide an excellent guest experience
- Treats guests and team members with courtesy and respect
- Passion for food, beverage, hospitality, and the guest experience
- Provides the highest-quality hospitality experiences
- Our bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
Execution of the cocktail and bar menu:
- Executing classic and custom cocktails on request: memorization and consistent preparation of all ingredients, including but not limited to garnishes and syrups.
- Contribution to the development of new cocktails.
- Providing advice and suggestions on cocktail flavor profiles and food pairings, wine and beer as appropriate based on the client need.
Client service and relationship management:
- Consistently creating a strong first impression with all guests through positive and professional body language, strong communication and attentiveness.
- Focusing on guest needs to ensure each guest feels welcome, attended to and that their needs and requirements are fully understood and met.
- Appropriate speed and accuracy in the delivery of all guest requests.
- Development of relationships for the drop in and regular guest, including but not limited to greeting/conversing with guests by name, memorizing specific, repeat guest orders, appropriate familiarity with guest stories/situations.
- Accurately using the POS system.
- Processing payments and counting cash.
- Regularly stocking the bar with glasses, ice, shrubs, bitters, liquor and other bar supplies.
- Following all cleaning procedures regularly and ensuring the bar is cleaned and maintained in accordance with Health and Safety Standards and company policies and procedures.
- Contributing to discussions about selling and service trends to continually shape bar offerings, performance and service.
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent memory and love of working with people.
- Ability to handle, mediate and resolve challenging guest or staffing situations.
- Ability to take direction and deal with a high-pressure working environment.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve.
- Knowledge of classic cocktails and liquor profiles.
- Strong team player.
- Strong numerical and cash management skills.
- Provide excellent customer service by taking orders, preparing them efficiently, and building a rapport with clientele
- Handle card and cash transactions, ensuring that all funds in the cash drawer are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately
- Identify belligerent customers, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment
- Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed
- Other duties as requested
- Day shift
- Night Shift