Join us in our mission to preserve the natural beauty of Sequoia in this part-time role.
Looking to work in a beautiful setting? Join our team of dedicated, fun, and passionate people.
- year round
- $16.00 - $24.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Jan 02, 2024)
Sequoia Parks Conservancy is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the natural beauty of Sequoia National Park. As we continue to grow, our Finance Department is seeking a detail-oriented and dedicated Part-Time Office Assistant to provide crucial support in meeting our bookkeeping needs.
The Part-Time Finance Department Office Assistant will play a vital role in supporting our finance team by handling basic administrative financial duties. This position is ideal for individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment, have a keen eye for detail, and are committed to maintaining accurate financial records.
Starting Salary: $16.00 per hour Salary Range Potential: $16.00-$24.00 per hour
Job Type: Part-time Year-Round (less than 30 hours a week)
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
No provided housing is available for this position.
- Employee discount
- Paid Sick Leave hours
- Employee Assistance Plan
Accounts Receivable and Payable:
- Reconcile bank and vendor statements.
- Perform data entry for accounts payable/receivable.
- Review accounts for accuracy.
- Review and post bills & schedule payments to vendors and partners.
- Assist with journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts; promptly research discrepancies.
- Assist with recording retail sales data in QuickBooks Online.
- Download and reconcile monthly bank statements and record transactions in QuickBooks Online.
- Download and reconcile monthly credit card statements and record transactions in QuickBooks Online.
- Download bi-monthly PAYCHEX payroll reports and record transactions in QuickBooks Online.
Scan and organize documents to add to the digital filing system.
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with proof of vaccination
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Accounting/bookkeeping, and/or budgeting experience
- Accounting software knowledge and experience, mainly QuickBooks Online
- Willingness to work part-time on a year-round basis.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application online at our website: https://sequoiaparksconservancy.org/careers/
Sequoia Parks Conservancy is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status.
Join us in our mission to preserve the natural beauty of Sequoia National Park and provide visitors with meaningful experiences that inspire conservation efforts for generations to come.