Do YOU want to help make a difference in the parks we all love? Pear Lake Winter Hut Keeper
Huge mountains, rugged foothills, deep canyons, vast caverns, AND the world’s largest trees
- $17.25 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (Nov 27, 2023)
Sequoia Parks Conservancy is currently seeking a reliable, professional, and conscientious person to join our seasonal team as a Pear Lake Winter Hut Keeper (PLWH). The PLWH Keeper manages the day-to-day operations of the Pear Lake Winter Hut
This position is physically demanding. PLWH Keepers must be able to ski or snowshoe 7 miles on backcountry ski routes, in both favorable and inclement weather conditions, in under 8 hours. They must also be able to carry a loaded backpack on backcountry ski routes and move heavy inventory.
This position works primarily in winter conditions.
Starting Salary: $17.25 per hour
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- Employee discount
- Up to 24 paid Sick Leave hours during the season
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Seasonal employees receive 1.5x hourly wage when scheduled to work on an SPC-observed holiday.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary Range: $17.25 - $25.75 per hour
Full season is expected to be the end of November 2023 through the end of April 2024
- Minimum availability November 27, 2023, through April 26, 2024, to be eligible for hire
- Must have valid Wilderness First Responder and AIARE1 certifications,
- Must be an advanced backcountry skier or snowshoer
- Must be able to travel with a fully loaded backpack
- Must have experience in overnight winter camping
- Must have your own backcountry ski and travel gear
- Must be willing to live inside the park in the Pear Lake Winter Hut, often sharing with approved visitors, during on-duty hours
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding NON-ADA compliant job site
- Must be in excellent physical condition and health status
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW to complete our online application.
Please be sure to read all of the employment information on our website, including the job description.