Your why and our where may change lives. Spend your summer working in Sequoia National Park.
The Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Sequoia National Park, California
- $12.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 07, 2018)
- love national parks, nature, learning, and sharing
- feel fulfilled if your work inspires someone to care about the national parks enough to make stewardship and appreciation a regular part of their life
- love connecting visitors to products that tell the story of the parks
- know how to communicate and listen so well that park visitors and coworkers will consider you the resident expert
- would love to spend days off hiking, backpacking, or reading under the biggest trees in the world, the giant sequoias
- have a strange appreciation for detail that your friends tease you about but your manager will celebrate
- want to have a longterm career in a national park or in the non-profit sector
- consider it a point of pride that you are always on time for work and never leave early
- are geeky enough to appreciate that inventory needs to be done, the drawer properly counted at the end of every day
- can't wait to apply for this job."
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are popular destination parks for families, international visitors, and diverse individuals.
The Park Store Associates work primarily in a Visitor Center setting and occasionally in outdoor settings. Visitor centers may be crowded and noisy. This position requires standing for up to eight hours per day and lifting and carrying boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
Park visitors seek opportunities for recreation, learning, volunteerism, sightseeing, and more. The Park Store Associates sell SPC merchandise and provide park information and services at the Park Visitor Centers, as well as sell Crystal Cave tour tickets at select Visitor Centers.
This is a seasonal position only.
All qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of our seasonal requirements
SEQUOIA PARKS CONSERVANCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Sequoia Parks Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, marital status, or veteran’s status.
How to Apply
Connect with your 'why,' and apply for this great summertime job. Get your resume and cover letter ready to attach to your online application.
Click APPLY NOW to complete our online application. Please be sure to read all of the employment information on our website, including the job description.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.