Help Texas recover from Hurricane Harvey and Winter Storm Uri!
Located in the Greater Houston area - a leading cultural and culinary destination in the South.
- Houston, Texas
- $1,600.00 / month
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Oct 26, 2021)
COVID-19 Safety Statement: SBP requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all team members. We have an obligation to ensure that no team member poses a direct threat to the health or safety of our clients, themselves, or others in the workplace. Applicants or members in the Client Services Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, or Construction Coordinator roles who are unvaccinated due to a medical disability or a sincerely held religious belief may be entitled to a vaccine exemption and reasonable accommodations. Applicants or members in the Project Lead, Disaster Corps Project Lead, or Supply & Logistics Coordinator roles will not be eligible for accommodations. All vaccinated team members will be required to submit photocopies of the front and back of their vaccination cards prior to onboarding with SBP.
Help Southeast Texas recover from Hurricane Harvey and Winter Storm Uri by serving on our AmeriCorps team!
SBP is a national nonprofit dedicated to shrinking the time between disaster and recovery. Since 2006, we have rebuilt over 2000 homes and developed affordable housing for people impacted by natural disasters. With the dedication and passion of our staff, AmeriCorps members, and volunteers, we help community members return home to safe, sanitary, and secure conditions.
SBP AmeriCorps members help communities achieve long-term recovery by rebuilding neighborhoods destroyed by Hurricane Harvey and Winter Storm Uri. Houston members may also serve in SBP’s Opportunity Housing Program in addition to working with home repair clients. The Opportunity Housing Program provides affordable, storm-resilient, energy-efficient homes for sale and rent to lower-income residents, to help them build resilience before disaster strikes. AmeriCorps members will gain valuable experience in how to redevelop neighborhoods and build housing that is affordable and resilient. AmeriCorps members commit to serving full time and completing 1700 hours of service during a temporary 10-month service term.
JOIN the SBP AmeriCorps team and serve 10 months/1700 hours of service in one of the following roles:
- As a Project Lead, you will train and coach volunteers in completing basic construction tasks and celebrate volunteer impact.
- As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will recruit, onboard, host orientations, fundraise and support volunteers.
- As a Supply & Logistics Coordinator, you will coordinate the operations of SBP’s warehouse and delivery system to ensure project sites have the tools and materials they need.
- As a Construction Coordinator, you will coordinate subcontractor schedules and monitor the progress of construction projects, ensuring proper permits are secured for each site.
- As a Client Services Coordinator you will serve as the point of contact and resource for the clients of SBP, assessing clients’ needs, provide referrals, and offer support throughout the application and rebuilding processes.
- As a Disaster Corps Project Lead you will support response efforts immediately following the impact of natural disasters. Project Leads who serve under SBP’s Disaster Corps will be the first on the ground to provide services to impacted vulnerable populations throughout the United States.
Construction experience is NOT required. On-the-job training is provided! If you’re committed to learning, passionate about serving others, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy leading volunteers, we need you on our team.
Watch our Anthem to hear how SBP is helping prevent people from reaching their breaking point.
Learn how AmeriCorps members play a part in the growing national service movement and have the opportunity to develop valuable professional skills.
Ready to make a big impact? APPLY TODAY!
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Ability to commit to serving full-time Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm and an average of 2 Saturdays a month
- Monthly Living stipend of $1,600 (pre-tax and the only form of compensation)
- An additional $175 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA
- An education award of $6,345 upon successful completion of each 10-month term
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during their service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Free limited benefits health coverage
- Access to the AmeriCorps Member Assistance Program
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further their career
- Temporary opportunity to serve for those in an educational GAP year, retirement, etc.
How to Apply
Apply today via the link below!