A Magical Summer in the Colorado Rockies With Opportunities for Learning, Community and Fun!
Located at an elevation of 8,600 feet on 6,000 private acres in central Colorado
- Florissant, Colorado
- $3,000.00 / season
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 26, 2021)
Gain a well-rounded experience that will help prepare you for any future job.
RATED “THE BEST OUTDOOR CAMP IN THE COUNTRY” BY OUTSIDE MAGAZINE
For the latest update regarding COVID-19 visit https://www.sanbornwesterncamps.com/blog/2021/2/summer-2021-update
Who We Are
- Non-Profit residential camp with 70yrs of experience set on 6,000 acres of private land
- Sanborn combines traditional sleep-away camp with extended backcountry expeditions and adventures
- The largest private camp in the country, Sanborn has access to more 14,000-foot peaks than any other program in Colorado
- Expeditions: 3-5-day trips backpacking, mountain biking, rock climbing, horseback riding, canoeing, and fishing
- We also offer in-camp activities like archery, swimming, sports and camp games.
Internship opportunities also available
Dates of Hire: May 26 - Aug 16
Location: 30 miles west of Colorado Springs
We are looking for people who are:
- Enthusiastic, resilient and flexible
- Interested in the outdoors and working with kids
This position is residential and is all about working, teaching and living with children while creating a respectful community based around living in close contact with nature.
A base salary starting at $3000.00. Also, lodging, meals, and laundry, valued at $2,025 for the summer.
- Personal growth and development while being coached by great leaders
- Being part of a 70-year-old high-quality non-profit organization
- Working in a community where you have a purpose and ability to change lives
- Opportunity to be a role model, mentor, teacher, and friend
- Living in a spectacular location at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains
- Experience leading and participating in amazing trips and programs
- The opportunity to continue to develop a wide range of professional, social and technical skills that will last a lifetime
Benefits: Base Salary plus housing, meals, laundry, and Pro Deals all included
Stipends offered for current, nationally-recognized certifications earned outside of previous Sanborn training environments such as (Life Guard, WFR, Single Pitch Instructor and many more).
How to Apply
Please apply online through our website by clicking APPLY NOW