A Magical Summer in the Colorado Rockies With Opportunities for Learning, Great Community and Fun!
Located at an elevation of 8,600 feet on 6,000 private acres in central Colorado
- Florissant, Colorado
- $3,000.00 / season
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 27, 2020)
Gain a well-rounded experience that will help prepare you for any future job.
RATED “THE BEST OUTDOOR CAMP IN THE COUNTRY” BY OUTSIDE MAGAZINE
Who We Are
Non-Profit residential camp with 70yrs of experience set on 6,000 acres of private land
Sanborn combines traditional sleep-away camp with extended backcountry expeditions and adventures
The largest private camp in the country, Sanborn has access to more 14,000-foot peaks than any other program in Colorado
Expeditions: 3-5-day trips backpacking, mountain biking, rock climbing, horseback riding, canoeing, and fishing
- We also offer in-camp activities like archery, swimming, sports and camp games.
Internship opportunities also available
Dates of Hire: May 27 - Aug 11
Location: 30 miles west of Colorado Springs
We are looking for people who are:
Enthusiastic, resilient and flexible
Interested in the outdoors and working with kids
This position is residential and is all about working, teaching and living with children while creating a respectful community based around living in close contact with nature.
A base salary starting at $3000.00. Also, lodging, meals, and laundry, valued at $2,025 for the summer.
- Personal growth and development while being coached by great leaders
- Being part of a 70-year-old high-quality non-profit organization
- Working in a community where you have a purpose and ability to change lives
- Opportunity to be a role model, mentor, teacher, and friend
- Living in a spectacular location at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains
- Experience leading and participating in amazing trips and programs
- The opportunity to continue to develop a wide range of professional, social and technical skills that will last a lifetime
Benefits: Base Salary plus housing, meals, laundry, and Pro Deals all included
Stipends offered for current, nationally-recognized certifications earned outside of previous Sanborn training environments such as (Life Guard, WFA, WFR, Single Pitch Instructor and many more).