Spend the summer in the beautiful San Juan Islands!
Water and island views with the chance to see whales from the office!
- Friday Harbor, Washington
- $15.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 17, 2021)
Hiring a customer service oriented representative to provide product/services information and undertake daily tasks for a whale watch and kayak tour company. Tasks include taking reservations by email, phone, and in person, selling tours, and communicating with fellow staff.
Engage with people from around the world and learn about one of the most unique marine ecosystems while selling educational and fun Whale Watch and Wildlife Tours and Kayak Tours. As the first point of contact, Reservations Staff set the high standard of customer service San Juan Safaris/San Juan Outfitters (SJS/SJO) provides. Reservations Staff are responsible for selling tours, checking in guests, ensuring that guests are provided all necessary information and providing support to guides and other staff members. Reservations Staff oversee, support, and carry out daily operations of guided tours, hourly recreational rentals and reservations.
The Reservations Staff position is an integral part of all daily processes and procedures and staff are expected to understand the functions of other coworkers and assist where necessary. Reservations Staff are of utmost importance as they keep guiding staff working and are a major contributor to the overall success of the company.
The goal is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction while working in a fun, exciting, team-oriented and fast pace environment.
Pay to start at $15/hour.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage large amounts of incoming calls and emails
- Generate sales in person and over the phone
- Utilize an online reservation system effectively and efficiently
- Operate a cash register and handle money
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Complete daily office tasks/procedures
- Directing coworkers/guests and daily operations
- Assisting guides and dock staff
Qualifications & Skills:
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Availability May(ish) - September
- Customer Service Experience 1+ years
- Strong phone handling skills and active listening
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Able to work long hours with some physical activity
- CPR/First Aid Certification
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Hospitality or sales education
- Previous work in outdoor recreation
- General knowledge of marine mammals and ecosystem
Training: Training consists of a three-day paid “boot camp” which includes reservation procedures, introduction to online reservation system, and tour experiences. A short shadow period follows the “boot camp”.
- San Juan Island - San Juan Island is one of the few places in the world where you can see killer whales on a regular basis. Enjoy living in on an island where you get the chance to view orcas from shore and join whale watch tours and kayak tours. The islands are beautiful and lend themselves to biking, hiking, birding, boating and kayaking. There is also easy access to mainland Washington and Canada. Enjoy a summer exploring the islands and all the PNW has to offer.
- Learning Opportunities - Employees have the opportunity to cross-train and learn new skills. Training for your selected position is robust and continual throughout the season. Staff are encouraged to increase their level of professional training outside of work and our professional community supports continued learning.
- Pro Purchasing - Employees can apply for discounts on industry gear from top outdoor brands.
- Family & Friends Policy - Family and friends of employees can join tours at a discounted rate or for free depending on the tour and space availability.
- Equipment Use & Tour Participation - Employees have the opportunity to join any day tour for free on a space-available basis throughout the duration of their employment. Employees are also able to use the equipment on their own such as SUPs, sit-on-top kayaks, and sea kayaks with the necessary training and approval.
SJS/SJO Staff are required to live on San Juan Island during the tenure of their employment. SJS/SJO will assist seasonal employees in finding summer housing, by networking and providing resources, but finding housing is ultimately the employee's responsibility. SJS/SJO is dedicated to ensuring each seasonal staff member has a quality living situation during the duration of their employment.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Reservations Manager Emily Schaller at email@example.com. Hiring typically takes place in February/March for the coming season, but staff are hired as early as December and as late as June. Cover letters resumes, and references are accepted year-round.