The best office job you could ever have!!!
Unbelievably cool River Outpost on the Colorado River
- Dotsero, Colorado
- $16.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 08, 2020)
Sage Outdoor Adventures is looking for people who are genuinely nice, happy and enthusiastic. We search for individuals that live for outdoor experiences, that love other people, that are gifted at sharing and are naturally giving, polite and mature. We are looking for professionals who take pride in their work and have a strong work ethic. We can train you to do anything and know that if you have the right attitude and qualities everything else will fall into place.
Job Description: Reservations / Front Desk
The guest experience starts with the initial phone call and we at Sage pride ourselves with having the most efficient and professional sales team in the outfitting business. We offer 6 to 7 different activities and as you can imagine having 7 activities and 3 different locations, it requires a sales team that can adapt quickly to selling products and having a basic understanding of each activity offered. Being able to switch topics quickly is key to this position.
We have a casual, well run, professional yet extremely fun office centrally located in Dotsero where all calls for the entire operation flow to. The office is open from 8:00 AM to 6 PM and operates 7 days per week.
You will work in this office which has lots of Windows all loaded with great views. Additionally, you will work at our 6,000 Acre Private Mountain Base assisting with guest check-ins at a beautiful cabin just North of Wolcott very easy to get to.
- Answering Phones
- Describe Tours, Activities, Trip Times, Age and Ability Requirements, Cancellation Policies, Etc.
- Input reservations for all activities offered
- Transfer calls to various departments
- Work with Guide Staff during the day
- Work at our Mountain Base located North of Wolcott or our River Outpost in Dotsero helping out with our front desks.
- Deliver sales materials to our hotel concierge clients on a regular basis
- Respond to online chat inquiries, emails and online reviews.
- Experience with taking reservations either for activities, lodging or similar
- Knowledge of the Vail Valley and surrounding areas.
- Excellent phone communication skills - the ability to be enthusiastic and generate excitement while quickly booking a reservation.
- Ability to learn Reservations Software and other related computer programs
- Efficient working on a computer, typing and working with technology.
- Have a vehicle to get to work and a clean driving record in case you use a company vehicle
- Must live in the Vail Valley somewhere between Gypsum and East Vail - This is mandatory in order to work in this department.
- Sage operates under permits from the United States Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and the Department of Transportation and is held to higher standards than most companies. We require certain items in order to maintain our status in the industry.
- All applicants must be at least 18 Years old for this position and have a clean driving record
- Must have a car in order to get to our locations - there are no bus routes
- Sage is a Drug Free workplace and all employees must complete a standard drug screening upon being hired.
- All applicants must pass a background and Motor Vehicle Record check.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Full Time is typically 40 to 50 hours per week and potential for overtime regularly as the season gets busier in peak times.
- Must be able to work Weekends and Holidays
- All shifts would begin at 8am and most shifts end at 6pm
- The office schedule is typically set and offers the ability for you to count on certain days off.
- We require you are available the entire Summer beginning May 15th and going through September 10th. We are unable to offer extended time off during peak season which is June 15th to September 1st.
You are required to participate in ALL the activities that we offer. (FYI...This is really FUN!!!!)
Very important: For this position you will be required to participate in Whitewater Rafting, Side x Side Tours, 5 Stand Shooting Lessons, Horseback, Fly Fishing, Driving vans around to learn where all of our pick up locations are and in general be an active part of not just the office but our guide staff. If you are unable or unwilling to participate in what we are offering it is virtually impossible to sell it confidently.
Regular Pay for this position begins at $16/Hour and could be as much as $18/Hour to start based on qualifications, industry experience and knowledge of Sage and the activities offered.
Free and Discounted Activities for Family and Friends
Discounted Food and Retail at Base Locations
Pro Deal Pricing with various Outdoor Equipment and Apparel Dealers
Ability to work year round and quickly advance in pay
How to Apply
Please complete the online application and an email link will be sent to you to schedule a phone interview.