Zip Line Course Manager at Royal Gorge Rafting and Zip Line Tours
Royal Gorge Region, Canon City, CO
- Canon City, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 01, 2018)
Royal Gorge Zip Line Course Manager Job Description
1. Work cooperatively as a member of the Royal Gorge Zip Line Management team. Accountable for positively representing RGZ and connected companies both on and off location at all times. Aside from the items listed below, the Course Manager position is the important connection between handling the administrative duties and creating a favorable environment for both guests and guides for all situations. There may be other duties assigned by the owners.
2. Responsible for operations of both Classic and Extreme Zipline Courses. This includes, but is not limited to:
A. Scheduling guides, ground support, photographers, and slideshow for each day’s bookings.
- Post schedule according to LOP
- Print and post the daily schedule for Zip Office, Ground Support, and Gear Shed
- Adjust schedule as needed for any daily changes
- Monitor all operational and environmental factors relating to course operations
- Make decisions regarding suspension of course activities or course closure
B. Provide supervision and direction for all RGZ employees.
- Use appropriate practices in retaining and hiring guide staff
- Provide for the ongoing practice of rescue protocols for guides
- Ensure staff operates according to the RGZ Local Operating Procedures handbook
- Prepare Season Evaluations for guides and photographers
- Oversee Mentoring program for new guides
- Annually update the RGZ Local Operating Procedures handbook and Emergency Action Plan
- Review of all necessary paperwork for course operation: pre-use course inspection reports, incident reports, near miss reports, disciplinary action, equipment quarantine and repair, guest and guide gear inspections
- Serve as the point person for guest issues regarding their zipline experience
- Develop and maintain a positive workplace environment
C. Work directly with RGZ Facilities Manager relating to course maintenance.
D. Continue working relationship with course builders: Bonsai Design, Incorporated. Grand Junction, Colorado
E. Responsible for knowing and understanding Federal, State, and County legal
requirements relating to the operation of the zipline business.
F. Ensure compliance with all aspects of ACCT/ANSI Standards
G. Staying current with improvements and innovations in the zipline industry that
will help to keep Royal Gorge Zipline Tours pertinent, viable, and profitable.
H. Responsible for ordering all necessary equipment, gear, and supplies for course operation. This includes replacing equipment, ordering staff gear, maintaining course rescue bags, and implementing new course elements.
I. Work with Office Manager relating to Zip Office operations, reservationist talking points, and soft goods ordering for Zip Office retail sales.
J. Complete bi-weekly payroll for guides and photographers
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and Google Forms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A strong familiarization with ACCT/ANSI Standards as well as OSHA Standards
- Exemplary customer service, social, and management skills
- Extensive zipline operations experience
- Self-disciplined, ability to manage time and workday tasks efficiently
- Able to work as a team player
- Well-informed of gear and course maintenance
- Level 2 Certification