Come work in beautiful Northwest Colorado while helping our public lands and inspiring youth!
Office in Steamboat Springs, CO. Crews may work throughout Northwest Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah
- up to $800.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (Apr 10, 2023)
The employee in this position will provide leadership and support for 4-5 crews of approximately 10-12 youth (Ages 11-18) for crews operating on a 24/7 model and day crews. The position can be broken down into four main segments: pre-season, crew leader training, the field season, and Yampa Valley Science School.
- Pre-season work will include training on field coordinator-specific duties, preparation of all gear and field resources, and assisting with the set-up and implementation of crew leader training. This is typically during the month of April.
- The crew leader training segment entails providing leadership and skills training to crew leaders. We mentor our leaders on various hard and soft skills, and outline our expectations for the field season. The crew leader training period will closely mimic many aspects of the field season. Field coordinators should expect full participation during this time (May).
- The main responsibility of the field season is crew support. Field Coordinators will be expected to participate in all aspects of the program when visiting a crew including overnight camping, nightly education facilitation, and project site objectives (June-August)
- The last segment of the Field Coordinator position is the YVSS camp coordinator role. This involves preparation for training, training leaders on curriculum and camp protocol, and helping with camp operations (end of August through September). Once the field season starts, field coordinators generally split time 20/80 between the office and the field. Workload changes greatly throughout the season and hours may vary dramatically depending on the needs of the crews and their locations. Schedules are flexible and require adaptability alongside self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
Spending a season with RMYC can be a life-changing and rewarding experience. Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to service, diversity, self-development, and the team environment.
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below!