Now hiring Resident Advisors to work and live on beautiful, fun ranch in the Rocky Mountains!
Ranch in the Rocky Mountains - CO (Near Estes Park)
- Allenspark, CO
- $275.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (Jan 15, 2018)
Rocky Mountain Pathways Ranch is located in the scenic Rocky Mountains near Estes Park, CO. We were established to provide experiential and social/emotional programming to students that are at risk of not graduating from high school. Our students visit us for 10 days in which they participate in a variety of fun and educational activities such as horseback riding and hiking and also complete lessons led by our programming staff. Students also learn a great deal as they help out on the ranch by assisting in the barn and kitchen, tasks for which they receive community service hours they need for graduating.
We are currently looking for Resident Advisors who have experience working with youth to help us run camps for high school students. Our Resident Advisors facilitate student programming, provide support, supervision, and encouragement to our students, and impact student lives in powerful ways! Ideal candidates will be outgoing, energetic, and passionate about working with youth.
Food and lodging are provided. Position begins between January 8 - January 15, 2018, and lasts through August 2018.
General Summary: The Ranch Resident Advisor (RA) supports groups of students for our 10-day camps. RAs make up the backbone of our program as they help us create a safe and encouraging environment for our students. Our Resident Advisors are more than just camp counselors; they engage with our students about struggles and real-life difficulties, and they have countless opportunities to provide feedback, enthusiasm, advice, and support.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide supervision and safety for students, including some nights in student rooms
- Establish meaningful connections with students
- Conduct meetings with students and chaperones daily
- Support students in experiential learning activities and create a safe environment for them.
- Facilitate small group discussion and debrief with students.
- Responsible for getting all students to activities on time
- Set emotional tone for activities
- Motivate students throughout the camp process
- Facilitate student programming
- Professional, mature and experienced working with a wide range of populations
- Experience working with 18-21-year-old participants is a plus
- Minimum BA or BS
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to grow and learn
Great Work Perks
- Many outdoor activities on off days, hiking, horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking, etc
- Medical benefits, room, and board
- Holidays paid
- Meals prepared by professional chef
- Close-knit support system
- The chance to work with at-risk populations and make a difference in others’ lives
- $275/week. Room and Board also included
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
How to Apply
Please apply online