Hiring Barn Wrangler to live and work at beautiful, fun ranch in the Rocky Mountains!
Ranch in the Rocky Mountains - CO (Near Estes Park)
- Allenspark, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (Jan 15, 2018)
Rocky Mountain Pathways Ranch is located in the scenic Rocky Mountains near Estes Park, CO. We were established to provide experiential and social/emotional programming to students that are at risk of not graduating from high school. Our students visit us for 10 days in which they participate in a variety of fun and educational activities such as horseback riding and hiking and also complete lessons led by our programming staff. Students also learn a great deal as they help out on the ranch by assisting in the barn and kitchen, tasks for which they receive community service hours they need for graduating.
We are currently looking for a Barn Wrangler who has experience working with horses.
Food and lodging is provided. Position begins as soon as possible. Must live on site. Sorry, no pets.
Sleep and Eat
Staff accommodation is mostly communal (shared rooms) with beds, furniture, linens, pillows, and blankets. Staff meals are provided 3 times per day and is the same quality of food as our guests experience. There is a staff dining area and snacks/beverages are available at all times. Must live on site. Sorry, no pets allowed.
The Barn Wrangler is responsible for supporting the Barn Manager with feeding the barn animals and keeping the barn clean as well as other duties assigned.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Assist with every aspect of barn animal care.
- Feed barn animals.
- Keep the barn clean.
- Support students in experiential learning activities and create a safe environment for them.
Education and Experience:
- Experience working in a barn.
- Knowledge of horses and other animals.
- Passionate about working with at-risk youth.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree (in any field) or 4 years of equivalent experience in the equine industry (post high school) preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 60 – 80lbs
- Must be willing to complete a medical exam after hire.
Compensation: $275 per week plus Room & Board.
Duration: 10 month seasonal, possible room for growth
How to Apply
Please apply online